Joy wax

Has anyone purchased joy wax lately? If so, do you notice a difference? I purchased 6 cases last month, and I am getting terrible frosting. I have used joy wax since it was first introduced. I found it a little soft, so I mixed it equally with soy, and had a great wax blend. I have used it ever since. I emailed them and told them that the wax had been changed, and that I thought they should at least let their customers know that they had changed it. Now i'm sitting on 6 cases that I'm not sure how to work with, and a fundraiser due next week. They tell me that the formula has not changed. But others on the Scent review board are having the same problems.

I asked them about this too because I had read a few posts about increased frosting and cracking and they also told me that the formula had NOT been changed. Are you still mixing it with another soy or just using it alone? I have been using it alone and have not had any frosting but I have had some circular cracks around the edges of my larger jars. I haven't used Joy for about a year and just got a case a couple weeks ago. The manufacture date is 10-05-05. Maybe you could try using a larger percentage of Joy if you are mixing it with another soy?

I tried it straight, and I can't get any hot throw at all. It's just not as soft as it was. I didn't notice the cracking yet, but I only tried one candle of joy alone. I have used this wax since it was put on their website, and I can tell it is just not the same.

I have been using Joy Wax for the past 3 years and received some about 2 weeks ago. Notice that there was a change especially in the texture of it!

So far, I have been getting good hot throw. I have only tested the new wax on a candle and have had no problems as of yet..but do agree, the joy wax has changed..

One more thing I noticed... after the wax has melted in the pot there are all kinds of little floaty things in it, like little white specs. I even dumped all the excess wax out of my Presto pot wiped it clean and started over and still saw them. Has anyone else seen this? :confused:

I have been getting frosting, cracking and the little white specks on top of my candles after they had set up too. What is going on with this? It is so frustrating that they are saying nothing has changed when in fact all of us know it has and now here we are in the busiest of seasons and left to deal with this mess. How discouraging!!

Shelley

Misty,

I use joywax also and used to mix half and half. Here is what I am doing now. I don't know the exact % ratio but my formula is 2 1/2 cups melted joywax with 1/2 cup melted soy wax plus FO. It seems if I heat the fO just enough to see the oil start moving around - I get considerable less frosting. Also I am stirring the heck out of it.

Hope it works for you.

Take Care,

Tammy