4630 and 4627 Wetspots

Hey Guys and Gals,

I have been fighting wetspots for the past 5 months with both 4630 and 4627 wax. I finally got it, and its easier than you may think. I have tried everything that I have read on here about wetspots: Wash the containers in dawn, preheat the containers, cover the containers with a box or put them in the oven to cool, etc... None of this worked, I have poured at temps from 190 to 160 based on recomendations. I added CB135 Soy at 50/50, and got wetspots and frosting. But while messing with the soy I found the solution. I poured my candles between 140 and 130 degrees. No preheating, washing (this is still a good idea), no covering with boxes, no ovens... This worked for me and I was at whits end. I have been double wicking apothecary jars in 5oz, 10oz, 16oz, and 26oz and with these jars Wetspots look horrible. HTH

That was my discovery also with my blend using IGI's new J-50 (4636). Like you, I tried IGI's recommendations of pouring between 175 & 190, but still had a white crusty appearance to the side of the candle, caused, I believe, by shrinkage. I still pour into a slightly warmed jar, but now pour at 140 degrees, and the candles look great.

Fredron

I wasn't totally clear on your recommendation. Is that method working with 4627 or 4630 or both? Also, with or without the soy?

This is for both 4627 and 4630, I switched from 4630 to 4627 but had some 4630 left and it worked with it as well. I took them out in the cold weather to deliver a few, and still did not have wetspots. it was only about 40 degrees out. Before by the time i got them delivered they looked horrible.