HDPE molds vs wood molds

TexasBrat

I have made soap in both types of molds and find that the soap I make in my wood molds cure faster than the ones made in my Kelsei. I can unmold my wood batches in about the 24 hour range but the ones in my Kelsei have to be removed later. I use the same recipe but this is just what I noticed this past time when I made 3 batches, 2 in wooden and one in my Kelsei.

I have to disagree on this one. I have a 9 bar Kelsei and it goes in the oven at 170 degrees and the soap (salt bars) slide right out and are fully gelled. My milk and shampoo bars don't gel and they slide off the kelsei the next morning. You just have to be careful to not dent the soap on its way to the curing area. The Kelsei is versatile and practically indestructable; I wouldn't take anything for it. I do prefer to gel in a wooden log mold that is well insulated, but I haven't made a hunters soap or similar bar that requires full gel.

I have to disagree on this one. I have a 9 bar Kelsei and it goes in the oven at 170 degrees and the soap (salt bars) slide right out and are fully gelled. My milk and shampoo bars don't gel and they slide off the kelsei the next morning. You just have to be careful to not dent the soap on its way to the curing area. The Kelsei is versatile and practically indestructable; I wouldn't take anything for it. I do prefer to gel in a wooden log mold that is well insulated, but I haven't made a hunters soap or similar bar that requires full gel.

But when you are not putting them into the oven at 170 degrees and not making salt bars that harden up super hard it takes longer for them to cure. I made 3 batches one day, 1 in my Kelsei and 2 in my wooden mold. The next day the 2 in the wooden molds were ready to come out at the same time and the batch in my kelsei had to sit for another day so that they would not get damaged upon removal. Now, when I have made cphp I can remove them pretty quick after pouring with ease. Also, the batch I made with my Kelsei is still pretty soft compared to the other 2 batches at this point weeks later.