I just learned this now?????

I have been using soy for about 2 months now and have already gotten fed up with marks on the candles (inside the jar). Frost marks I guess they are called or fingernails. Then I found a chandlers blog and in it he/she said they started pouring their candles at slushy stage into a luke warm jar and has had excellent results since.

Is this true? How many here use this method of pouring?

When I do this , i also have less problems with frosting. my problem is that long after my candles have hardened (even days later) if they get chilled , they will still frost! This drives me nuts , as I cannot afford to keep my garage fully heated all the time!

Searching the forums for frosting and your specific wax will reveal many methods for reducing its incidence in soy-based candles. All methods work some of the time and no method works all of the time under all conditions. Some pour cooler, some temper, some use additives, etc. Some methods work better than others for a particular wax/FO/dye blend. Understanding the causes of frosting helps toward finding solutions. Good luck. :)

If you were use Enchanted Lights Soy wax that would be true.

I have not use every soy wax on the market but I have used EL for 10 years and I pour at 100 -105 degrees into warm (I heat with a heat gun) votive molds. No frost marks just beautiful color.

I poured black votives 36 hours ago and they are perfect. My personal experience was pouring hot into cool votive cups and letting them cool too fast will cause frosting.

Hope this helps!