Anyone here make this kind of candle....

Karen B

I was talking to a lady today who was looking for a candle that is usually used in Greece orthodox weddings in Greece. I don't feel comfortable at all making this candle, but I do feel sorry for this person and thought I'd try to help her out.

There are 2 candles, both between 7 & 8 inches in diameter and stand at 4 ft tall. (they stand by the holy table so no people walk by them) They are expensive and it sounds like she would order them from Greece but the shipping would probably break the candles.

I have ideas on how this could be done, but the time and expense in this would be too much for me. (for just one customer) Plus I still worry about how safe they would be standing on there own.

Anyway she sounds like she has her heart set on these candles for a wedding, it does sound pretty, so I thought I would ask. Maybe someone hear has seen them and has experience making them.

BTW she is in IL.

Karen B

there was a discussion on one of my groups for this very thing and I think the person somehow made them using a pice of pvc

type pipe, I think they greased it up really well to make it but don't quote me on that and used bulk wicking to wick it. I know I have heard of someone making them but don't know who. maybe this will jog someones memory.

janis