I have soap!..Just wanted to thank everyone

DeeB

I just wanted to thank everyone for their help with my first batch of soap.

I unmolded and cut it last night..yippee I have soap! Put them up to cure,

can't wait until they are ready to try.

They aren't the prettiest soap, got a rind on it, I'm not sure but does that

mean the soap got too warm? I'm excited now I want to try something

pretty with a swirl! Adding another addiction to my already long list.

Thanks so much for all your help,

Dee

Okay, here's a picture. I trimmed the top but still have to trim the sides and bottom. Sorry, the picture is a blurry. My daughter insisted on scented soap, so I used Frankincense and Myrrh, it behaved very well and the soap has kind of a baby magic scent to it, smells good. It did turn the soap a tan color, but I kind of like it, it will look good in my prim bathroom.

Mixing the lye wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, so I'm ready to try another batch.

Dee

post-1815-139458385905_thumb.jpg

YAY! I was going to come in here and say "Missy, it ain't soap 'til you show us pictures", and there it was! Nice looking. Congrats :highfive:

Thanks, just wanted to tell you how awesome your tutorial is! I've looked at everyone I could find on the web and yours is the best by far.

Just for future reference, if I get a batch that doesn't gel I know that it will still be soap but will it take longer to be ready to use?

Thanks,

Dee

Congrats!!! It's a wonderful experience to make your first soap. Especially when you're really scared of the lye. :yay:

Thanks! I can honestly say I am over my lye phobia, I went today to a little grocery store here and bought all the red devil lye they had. Got some pretty weird looks from the lady checking me out. I made sure I told her it was for soap didn't want her to think I was a drug dealer..LOL!

She wrinkled up her nose and told me her grandmother used to make soap and it was yucky and smelled bad. I told her that when the soap is cured and I know it's okay to use, I'll bring her a bar to try. I shop there all the time and she is always so nice, I figure I can spare a bar for her.

Dee

WOW, that came out really nice, I'm impressed. :D I love the tan color and your presentation is very good also.

:thumbsup:

I've just gotta try this someday..... :eek: LOL

Thanks, I like your little quote at the bottom. My husband tells me that all the time too, but he's still here...LOL!

Dee

Just for future reference, if I get a batch that doesn't gel I know that it will still be soap but will it take longer to be ready to use?

Thanks,

Dee

Yup. "If in doubt, wait it out" :) Or if you're like me, get really frustrated at a bad batch and toss it in the garbage :) I could probably double my income if I sold all my failed batches to another soaper who likes to rebatch.

Congradulations on your first batch of soap! :grin2: I'm getting prepared to make my first batch as well. I hope I can do as well as you did. I think I'm going to start with a very basic recipe...no fragrances and no dyes. I got some 3" pvc for my mold...i wonder how long I need to leave it in the mold before i can take it out and cut it?

Congradulations on your first batch of soap! :grin2: I'm getting prepared to make my first batch as well. I hope I can do as well as you did. I think I'm going to start with a very basic recipe...no fragrances and no dyes. I got some 3" pvc for my mold...i wonder how long I need to leave it in the mold before i can take it out and cut it?

Thanks! I'm not sure about the pvc molds, I used a wooden log mold and it was ready to take out the next day. But I bet if you post a question about how long it takes someone who uses pvc would be glad to help you out.

Dee