Goddess soapers

Scented

I've read some ancient posts elsewhere, but correct me if I'm wrong, OM's (now Tony's, ack Southern Garden) will discolor. Thought I read that somewhere, but nothing saying how badly. Anyone know?

And how much does the scent mellow, or does it? Like would .7 oz ppo be too much, just right etc. I like fragrant soaps, but not stinkers. (Prefer you like the Goddess scent before commenting lol!)

LOL!! I hear you.

Kim is supposed to come up here Thurs-Sun for a visit next week. She'll probably be helping me. Haha ... and does not it even know it yet. Heh. We'll call you from soap-o-rama. :yay:

Maybe I'll call tlc26 too and make it a trifecta. Or Deb and/or Nancy Jo.

You know J~ Southwest has cheap airfares. Come on down. :)

I've soaped Goddess quite a few times and I've never had it accelerate on me but it will discolor a bit dark - not like Pink Sugar dark though but it can go dark enough to hide any colorants you use. The scent holds and does not morph. I have a batch curing right now that I'll post pics of when I get to the shop so you can see how it discolors.

ETA - I use it at 1 oz ppo but I think you could get away with .7 oz ppo.

Thanks Meridith that would be great! I can't handle something that eats everything up and turns brown (have enough of those lol)

Makes me wonder if I should start out with full water now.

I used pink in this batch, and so far, you can still see it. The soap is still curing but is just about ready to go since I made it for VD. My soap is no where near as dark as Bug's looks in her picture and I don't ever recall my soap turning that dark, but it has turned pretty dark before. You'll see when I post the pictures.

I take a 36% discount with no problems. I do soap very cool with this one though and have not tried to soap it using my hot lye to melt my butters. I can't use that method will all my batches so I haven't even tried it with this FO.

Either you or Carrie put TD in yours? I think I'm going to give it a shot with straight aquamarine from SS and see what that turns out. Either way, I figure brown would enhance the color. Just hope it doesn't turn out to be twice done mashed green peas.

Either you or Carrie put TD in yours? I think I'm going to give it a shot with straight aquamarine from SS and see what that turns out. Either way, I figure brown would enhance the color. Just hope it doesn't turn out to be twice done mashed green peas.

Nope, no TD. I don't use it. In fact, I don't use anything to try to keep it from discoloring to any color it wants.

Well I know that aquamarine goes to a pea green soup color when it's used lol! However, maybe it will darken. Definitely a slow mover at full water, this I can vouch for as I was like hurry up already. Really not sure what's going to become of this, but here's hoping something cool lol.

Scented, sorry I didn't see this thread until just now. Here's a picture of OM Goddess in my CP recipe. I don't use Olive Oil. Hope this helps. It moves a little faster than some FO's but not much.

OMGoddess.jpg

Looks just like mine. I'll go hunt it up. Heh!!

Carrie sent me this during the Goddess auction for CT.

I keep it as a drawer sachet. What drawer it is in~ could be tricky. :P

I'll sniff around each room and report back. Haha!