Coffee Bean Candle

ladysj

My son told me about a candle they had at Cracker Barrel. I looked at it and thought that's pretty simple. Although I couldn't find the exact bowl size etc. they had I tried this.

I thought for a first attempt it turned out pretty good although the wax for the votive looked darker in the pot. It's scented fresh brewed coffe. I've got french vanilla & hazel nut on the way to match the coffee bean scents.

I can't wait for him to burn it & let me know what he thinks.

Thanks for looking

coffeebean-1.jpg

HI,

I bet that candle smells amazing!

I have never attempted a container candle with real stuff in it even with a votive, so forgive my ignorance---- will the coffee beans hold up over time? It seems like since container wax is a softer wax and there is fragrance oil and the beans are not completely covered either, they might go bad over time. I was thinking that a green tea sort of natural candle might be really cool, but then wondered if I put quite a bit of tea, would it get soggy or mold over time. What do you think?

Soapymomma

HI,

I bet that candle smells amazing!

I have never attempted a container candle with real stuff in it even with a votive, so forgive my ignorance---- will the coffee beans hold up over time? It seems like since container wax is a softer wax and there is fragrance oil and the beans are not completely covered either, they might go bad over time. I was thinking that a green tea sort of natural candle might be really cool, but then wondered if I put quite a bit of tea, would it get soggy or mold over time. What do you think?

Soapymomma

I honestly do not know if they will go bad over time. I'm just going to have to wait and see.

Container wax is softer, so not sure, but I've had a pillar with real coffee beans embedded on the outside and exposed for about 7 years now and it is still fine, and still has a slight scent left to it. The lady who made it said if I would lightly sand the beans the smell would come back more.

I've have a container similar to yours for over 8 yrs and it's still wonderful. The votive will melt the coffee/wax and it just hardens back, it's a softer container wax. Kind of like j233?. Never thought of sanding the beans, I'll have to try that. I think wax/paraffin might be sort of a preservative, maybe not.....