Organics are expensive.

Organic Ema

Hi..Newbie here from Oregon.

Our state is green minded with Organic written all over it.

Most of my products are either organic or made with organic ingrediants.

I have been using only Organic E.O. in all of my products, but this economy is driving up the costs of E.O's and I just can't afford organic E.O.s anymore. :(

I feel really bad , but....

I'm also noticing that most people who do buy from me... don't care if it's an organic product ...they just care about the smell.

Could I possible find a F.O. that has the same great scent as a E.O??

Does anyone know of a reliable place I could get some good scents at reasonable prices?? I'm looking for natural scents, like cedar, sage, apple, peach, cranberry etc....

Thanks for any help.

You can get them, but the sage and cedar are probably most true in EO form. Wasn't aware there were EOs for apple, peach and cranberry etc.

No, You are right.Those scents are not EO's. I was just going to try some FO natural scents like apple, peach and cranberry. When I think of FO..I always think of unique scents like cranapple truffle cream or something like that. I was just wanting some simple scents. I'm trying to get un-organic. Ha:)

It isn't just economics and the recession that is driving EO prices, you also have weather, crop success or failure, bee pollination, fertilizer, and so on. Many factors are in place that effect the price of EOs including the economy.

That said-- I believe that FOs are formulated using EOs as a base. If I'm wrong I'm sure someone will correct me on that.

I prefer to use both in my soap and candlemaking because I like variety. Mostly I use EOs in my soap. They are way too pricey for me to consider using in candlemaking plus they can cause wicks to clog or not burn properly.

That said-- I believe that FOs are formulated using EOs as a base. If I'm wrong I'm sure someone will correct me on that.

I think some fragrances may have some EOs in them, but most I think are synthetic components. EOs tend to not hang around as long as FOs. That's the only thing I'm basing my statement on. I don't make this stuff so I really don't know. However, there are places like The Scent Works, where I believe they use quite a bit of EOs in their fragrances.