we're new here

MELandLUKE

Hey all! You all make lovely candles! We (My boyfriend and I) have been making candles for ourselves, family, and friends for a few months and thought we'd share some of our latest. We're still trying to get the hang of some of the techniques. So, bare with us when we ask questions! :)

Thanks a lot for looking!

Melissa & Luke

1011074mm8.th.jpg

Very nice coloring but I can't tell if your candles are textured or if it's the coloring that makes them look that way. I really like the combined colors. Please don't hesitate to ask questions as that is how we all learn. Good luck with your future candle making.

NancyT

Very nice coloring but I can't tell if your candles are textured or if it's the coloring that makes them look that way. I really like the combined colors. Please don't hesitate to ask questions as that is how we all learn. Good luck with your future candle making.

NancyT

it's actually kinda like chunk candles, except the chunks are the length of the mold.

• 2 weeks later...

I remember learning that technique at a candle class. You put these long colored chunks in your pillar mold instead of the regular square chunks. You can also 'twist' those long chunks while the wax is still warm. It will help the color to bleed a little into the overpour enhancing the overall appearance.

Looks like the bottoms are a bit wobbly but other than that very nice.