Have you ever...

Hi,

I was just wondering how often...if you's ever buy candles and soaps from other people? Ya know, I like to buy other people's stuff, even if I do make some of it. It's like if ya work at Pizza Hut or something...ya sometimes get sick of your own stuff, not that it isn't any good...ya just like to see what others make. I have did that now like 5 times, and 3 of them, I would of been embarrased to send out the candles, melts and soaps that I have ordered. I'm not one to complain, but it just amazes me that people would actually send some of this stuff out...unreal! Anyone else ever thought that?

Hugs!

Michele

I buy B&B from Donna @ CBE and I'm happy to report her products are super good, packaged perfectly and I have never been disappointed! Carole

Ditto on CBE!!!!! I have received her stuff in swaps....and it is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't order from other chandlers because of shipping, but I have purchased from a couple of competitors (after they sent their little "spies" over to asks lots of questions and sometimes buy from me). I figured if they can be sneaky, I will too. Anyway, both times I tried their candles and tarts, I would have been ashamed to sell products with such low scent throw. I would feel that I was cheating the customer out of their hard-earned money. I want my customers to feel like they're getting something for their money besides wax or a flame.

If you have competition, you gotta buy their products and test so you are able to give the advantages of your products over theirs. If you don't you will never know what you are talking about and come from a position of strength.

I've ordered candles before from a couple different websites. One from a lady I met on the BC board and she's on this one too. Her candle was awesome! Great throw and clean burn. I've never had a problem with anything I've ordered off websites. I have ordered some candles from kids doing fundraisers and wasn't happy. One was from a candle company not too far from me. Jar wasn't wicked right and sooted horribly. Didn't burn right and had the ugliest label I've ever seen. But that's just my opinion on that of course. I like to buy other's stuff. I get tired of making my own sometimes

I love trying things from others through swaps, but I also buy from others--especially things I don't make and don't intend to make. Etsy, too, is one of my favorite shopping spots. There are plenty of things like hair care products, bath bombs, certain types of balms, etc, that I don't make and love handmade.

I never thought I'd really like a solid shampoo bar until I tried one--there are a couple of super ones on etsy. I've also been trying to scale back on fo purchases, so it's easier and cheaper for me to purchase something in an fo I'm curious about than to buy the fo and use it in wax or whatever.

I have bought stuff from people here at CT and got stuff in swaps and have not been disappointed in anything....yet!! CBE's stuff is awesome and Scented makes nice bubblebath bombs and soap!! :cheesy2:

So yes I buy other peoples stuff when i can.

tootie

Till Luci mentioned it, I forgot about Etsy, I did buy one time from someone on there too, it wasn't what I thought it was going to be either. I am not one of them just can't please ya kind of person either...I'm glad ya's recommended some to try...I'm gonna check them out!! Thanks!

Hugs!

Michele