Bluegrass Candle Supplies Worth Buying?

alycia22

The say they have over 150 scents but when I went to their website they have like 17 and maybe 8 discontinued they said they have over 12K in inventory and they want 27.5K for their business and they look like they ruined their reputation. Thanks

The say they have over 150 scents but when I went to their website they have like 17 and maybe 8 discontinued they said they have over 12K in inventory and they want 27.5K for their business and they look like they ruined their reputation. Thanks

If you are seriously interested, ask them for a current inventory list. If they refuse - run. If not, check it out. You can always change the biz name if there's a damn good deal on this stuff.

IMO I'd avoid them like the plague. They have great oils, but their oils are never in stock, their shipping takes forever, their CS is the absolute worst and the owner is rude! They have one excuse after another too as to why they don't have something in stock and why it takes so long to get an order. There are too many other companies (like Peaks) that offer quality products, timely shipping and excellent CS to have to deal with a company like BG.

If you are seriously interested, ask them for a current inventory list. If they refuse - run. If not, check it out. You can always change the biz name if there's a damn good deal on this stuff.

People know the biz name since 2002 I would never change the name even though I live in NM they have quality oils and wax even though I would not be able to use the previous name of the wax because of they sold rights to someone else a while back and I do know if I would sell any wax even thought its the same wax . I have seen their inventory they don't have a lot because instead of restocking they paid for medical bills and I understand that. I guess I will keep thinking, Thanks

It is quite likely the selling price includes alot of blue sky for what is know as "goodwill" when selling/buying a company. Seems they don't have much goodwill left in the world of candlemakers.

If you want to sell wax & fragrance oils it probably would be best to start from scratch, especially in this situation.

People know the biz name since 2002 I would never change the name even though I live in NM they have quality oils and wax even though I would not be able to use the previous name of the wax because of they sold rights to someone else a while back and I do know if I would sell any wax even thought its the same wax . I have seen their inventory they don't have a lot because instead of restocking they paid for medical bills and I understand that. I guess I will keep thinking, Thanks

That's the choice you'll have to make. I wouldn't keep that business name for anything in the world given the reviews and reputation. If the inventory list isn't that big and you have $30k - order pallets from suppliers, get your own business papers in order, rent a U-haul and take a trip.

People know the biz name - and it ain't knowing them well. Even under new management, people will come here, search forums and may not even have the clue it's been resold. The name is dead for good commerce and it's easier to start a new name than try to pick up the bad one.

If their stock sucks - it's not worth it. Doesn't matter the reason. This is YOUR money.

I would love to start from scratch. Who will give me the names of vendors, product formulation codes and mixing ratios? Where do you start? I have a everything to start a business and have been in business (The pet business know all the vendors in the pet trade). No ones going to give the names of their vendors. Money is not a problem.When I was looking into this business it's not so much of the business it's the information and the experience of 17 years and product formulation codes and mixing ratios. I do see your point. I am not going to rush into anything just wondering what you all though. Thanks

i would think most of the money is for the 150 scent formulations. you will then own the numbers/formulas for those oils & be able to order from the manufacturer. as for wax contact the wax manufacturer. i'm sure they can get you started with wax.

try contacting fo manufacturers they might be able to help you get started from scratch.

I know the the names of the manufactures of wax like IGI and a few others but the manufactures of the oils this I could not even find out. I would not be in the business so much for the money it's self but it is something I love the candle business. I need something to do from home. I live on 15 aches in a small town and I am bored.

I agree CDH...It seems that everyone that used their oils loved them..So if it was under new ownership, I would certanly buy again..

If your customer service was good..I don't see how it could help but grow a business..

I think also when you had it all under control, and started adding waxes and other things, it would benifit you too....with you so close to the West Coast, I am sure that you could get a good customer base from here too..

But I know any business is a big undertaking, time wise and money wise..So it would have to be well thought out.

Good luck on what ever you decide...:)

I love their oils, so I will keep buying even now. ( prices are high, i can't afford much at a time) When it changes ownership, I will keep buying and hope quality stays the same. My fear is that the new owners will tweak with the fo's:cry2: My mom and I considered buying this co. (briefly considered) since it would be able to be moved, but the amount of time to put in it scares me. I agree with you Alicia, if I wanted to start a supplier co , this would be the way to go. YOu are getting instant quality fo's and people already know that...............much better than starting all that on your own. I almost never buy from a newbie.I wait and see. This is a good company with QUALITY fo's. I sure do wish i knew somewhere else that had fo's that did so good in my wax. My second best is TN. Someone has reccommended me trying Southern Garden Scents and I've heard Aroma Haven/RE is good.....:undecided