Fragrances

I am a newbie

I use soy wax in my candles and I am wondering if anyone can help me with getting my fragrances cheaper. For me this is my biggest cost per candle right now.

I can only do 3 tins with 1 1lb. of wax so that means I am spending 1.00 on just scent. I was wondering where you guys get yours at?

Depends on the size you're buying too. For instance it's more costly to pour from 2 oz. or 4 oz or even 8 oz bottles than it is to get larger amounts of FO. That would help reduce some of your costs ... like investing in lb bottles or going up to 2 lb bottles and then there's the next leap of going to 5 lb jugs etc. Other than that, look around at the candle supply companies. Several places have a lot of deals going on, which makes the price of FO even less ;) Of course, since you're soy, you'll need to find those FOs that work great in your application.

Lucky you -- I JUST found a new supplier located in the Research Triangle. Their site looks good & their prices are great. Check out http://www.candlescience.com/

Don't know where you are in NC, but you may be close enough to drive & actually smell their fo's before you buy. That's always fun, till you start getting light headed from sniffing!!

I've never bought anything here, but the recommendation came from a very good candlemaker. Has anyone here ever bought from this supplier??

Susan.

Carolina Candle Supplies is in Charlotte, NC. They have some good FOs. Their Clean Cotton is one of my biggest sellers. But other than buying close to home and buying in bulk, you just need to be prepared to pay for good quality FOs. It's worth the money to have a good product. :)