How Many Melts Can You...

Well I have made melts out of entire bag of palm wax. I think the palm wax bags are 66 lbs.

Anyway-- I get about 14-16 one oz tarts out of one pound of wax. I spill a bit thats why I don't always get 16 tarts.;)

So a 50 lb bag should get your approximately 700-800 one oz tarts.

I used to make a lot of tarts. They sell like crazy. But I got so tired of making them so I only do them once in a while now.

In my area melts are so popular that one store wants to sell my melts exclusively and eliminate candles all together. I guess I am just going to have to dive into a whole box. I just wasn't sure how many clamshells to order. I have one more craftshow to do in two weeks and then I am going to start on my spring scents, so I will post if anyone is interested.

I fill the clamshells to the top - averaging out to 3.2oz each. The clamshells I use are the thinner ones that have an indented oval on the bottom of each of the 6 compartments. I get about 250 per case of wax.

There is another type of clamshell that is thicker, smaller and a little more expensive to purchase. When I tested it I only put 2.5 oz in each ~ so you would need to order more of that type. My calculations figure it to be 320.

I fill the clamshells to the top - averaging out to 3.2oz each. The clamshells I use are the thinner ones that have an indented oval on the bottom of each of the 6 compartments. I get about 250 per case of wax.

There is another type of clamshell that is thicker, smaller and a little more expensive to purchase. When I tested it I only put 2.5 oz in each ~ so you would need to order more of that type. My calculations figure it to be 320.

Judy, the ones you use w/indented oval bottoms, who sells these, if you don't mind sharing. Do these have the separate lids or the hinged lids? TIA