Goats milk soap?

Rosies

Goats milk is full of vitamins A and B, proteins, essential amino acids, and lots of minerals that are good for our skin. A goats milk bar can help with acne and dryness and can even help to brighten our complexion. Our skin tends to love goats milk since the Ph in it is very similar to the Ph in our skin. GM in soaps help produce a lather that is very creamy and rich and just feels wonderful on our skin.

Goats milk is the only type that does not separate its cream. The cream has all the emolients based in its structure. Look up threads for how to soap goats milk. You don't want this soap to gel (IMHO) and you want to make sure and not let it burn from the lye (turns orange) or it won't work. I make a ton of goats milk, because it is so easy and so good for your skin. We never buy soap and we never have the winter itchies.

Chuck

I have serious doubts that the vitamins make it past the lye, and am 100% sure the protein is denatured (and the amino acids) and thus changed dramatically. And of course most of the fat is saponified, and the pH of the resulting soap is high no matter where you start - the nature of soap is a high pH. So the "nutritional" aspect of goats milk I don't buy into at all.

This said, it contributes a wonderful creamyness to the lather and typically results in a milder soap in the end (fat content = increased superfat?). I love any milk (they are all the same IME as long as the fat content is similar; I use half & half much of the time) in soap.

My reason for using goat milk is because I have a ready made supply on the hoof and for marketing purposes plus I just love the quality of the soap with 100% fresh goat milk. I let all of my GM soap gel. Plus I have quit freezing the milk since I make so much and I have not had a problem with it getting too hot. Just add the lye slowly and stir well. I use a large plastic bucket whichhelps. I then let the lye mixture and the oil mixture cool to room temperature. GM = fabulous soap.