Super Huge candle

My sister has a large apothecary jar that she wants me to make into a candle. It is about 1.5 feet tall and 1.5 feet wide and is a circle. The glass is very thick and I do not think heat would crack it. I am gonna put it in the oven and see if that cracks it. I brought this up to a couple of my candle burning hippie friends and their eyes got as big as saucers and one actually drooled,:drool: which makes me think there is a market for such an outlandish creation.

Anyway, have any of you folks ever attempted anything to this magnitude? If so, what were the results?

Have any suggestions on the number of wicks or any other insights to consider before attempting this great feat of greatness?

Hmm, I wonder if that could smother someone :tongue2: in a poorly ventilated house with all of the exhaust gases. I might go broke filling it with wax. I will be melting and pouring wax all night, in seperate batches, maybe I could use many different colors. 6 wicks would be 3 yards of wick. Do they make 1 inch wick tabs? Maybe I could make my own wick tabs . I better shut up before I talk myself out of trying this...

I have never done one this large and I'm sure there will be a lot of experimenting with it but it sounds like it will be fun. Maybe someone here with more experience than me will be able to help. Keep us updated on the progress of the monumental creation

How about this one?

http://www.ajellocandles.com/History/history.html

"It was in 1922 that Ajello Candles created a memorial candle for the great opera singer and their close friend Enrico Caruso, which became the most famous and largest candle ever made by the firm. The candle towered over 18 feet tall weighing one ton. It measured 5 feet in circumference at the base, tapering to 18 inches at the top, and was expected to last for 1800 years burning for one day each year on the anniversary of Enrico's birth. To date, this candle remains the largest candle ever made."