Pour Pot or Presto Pot?

Hello! About to embark on my first candlemaking venture. I've bought a presto pot that does not have a temperature control. I've heard this is necessary when using this method. Should I forego the presto pot and retreat to the double boiler system? :confused:

Guest EMercier

I just hope you didn't get the fry daddy. I almost made that mistake and I looked again and saw it wasn't the right thing.

I just recently bought my first presto pot (been doing double boiler for about a year now) and I LOVE IT! It was so muc easier for me to pour. Didn't have the time to put the modifications on it, but I will soon. I'm thinking about buying like 2 more for right now. At least when I go to my shows I can take about 10-15 scents and have all I make (jars and such) done in multiples in no time.

:eek: ahhh! it is a frydaddy! The source of info said a fryer....NOT a kitchen kettle! So does everyone agree that it's a presto kitchen kettle pot..i.e. the temperature control?? God bless u all for saving me on this one!

~S

P.S. Don't worry I didn't use the frydaddy..i only bought it.