Body sprays and scents

Scented

If you carry this, what do you put a focus on for the scents? Do you try to go perfumy? Clean and/or herbally? Floral? Designer and or type scents all the way? Mix your own and call it good? Or would it need to be something that has to go together both as a body and room/linen spray?

And then IF you were looking to buy sprays, what scents would you like to see? Let's forget that geographically we're all different for the time being.

I don't make any of these (YET) LOL but as a consumer, I like perfumy body sprays... Linen sprays I like fresh linen, uhmmmmmm..perfumy scents, earthy scents...My mom on the other hand likes floral scents..Not perfumy

Can't wait to see the different opinions.. Very intresting!:rolleyes2

Emily

Every once in awhile i like some really fruity and juicy, like mango or raspberry. But usually I like something a little more musky/sultry and sexy. Perfumy to me has old-lady connotations. :rolleyes2

I currently only carry 4 scents for body sprays and they cross all of those areas (one is actually kind of perfumy) but I'm looking at branching out into about a dozen scents total across the range of scents.

Well OK ... wasn't going for old lady connotations lol! Now glad you brought out the fruity. Let's add to the question then do you see a lot of interest in fruity scents? In the winter I'd be up for it more than when bees and wasps are around lol.

all the local teens around here are into the designer dupes. They want all the designer perfumes, but can't afford $50 a bottle, so they come to me. I make them using the spray base that is carried at both WSP & The Candle Source. Can be a body or room spray.

Interesting. So what designer FOs? I could see a full range of VS types, but that probably isn't completely the movement or maybe it just hasn't died down. How do you go about limiting on your designer fragrances too? I mean, face it. There's a ton of perfume out there.

I don't sell, but as a buyer 'Vanilla Bean Noel' is a must for me. Warm, snuggly, and supposedly men find vanilla sexy.

That's what I've heard too and I usually get compliments from men coworkers when I'm wearing any type of vanilla blend - seems to catch their attention!! Now if I had just know that 40 yr ago :grin2:

That's what I've heard too and I usually get compliments from men coworkers when I'm wearing any type of vanilla blend - seems to catch their attention!! Now if I had just know that 40 yr ago :grin2:

I read this about vanilla scents as well. It's funny, my Vera Wang used to be my fragrance of choice when I go out. BUT Pink Sugar gets EVERYBODY'S attention--both men & women. I think its that vanilla in it because I get a similar reaction when wearing VBN too. Jennie's (aka elitenaildesign) fault!:laugh2:

Are you making these up to be used as a body spray and a room/linen spray? Sorry, I don't understand the purpose :embarasse

You probably know this, but I'll state it for others. Usually max fo for B&B is 3% while you'll want to use more for linen and room spray so it wouldn't be safe to add 8% and use it for a body spray...like I said, not sure if you're blending up for both...

Anyhow, I think for body sprays, especially for tween, teens and 20's would be fruity, tropicals and of course vanilla! People do like to layer fragrance so maybe match up choices to bath products, lotions, creams etc.

For linen spray, I think relaxing/soothing scents would be good...also, vanilla is supposed to be good to nuetralize odors.

Well was curious what people carry actually. If they went with something that scents a room and linens or just concentrate on the body, but I've seen several that are uni-purpose (just get the scent out there regardless of where one sprays it.)

I was asking for that purpose and to collect a little info should we pursue adding this ... would we want to go body or room/linen. That probably didn't come out as such, but that's the intent.

That actually surprises me lol. When you do men's, do you do a handful, just a couple or offer same amount of choices as you would for women? I'm just highly curious.

I do the same amount. You would be amazed how many buy them for their man and then they (the man) come back and buy them for themselves.