Wanted to share my latest Whipped Shea batch

maryann

I made this 2 hours ago and it still looks the same, like chocolate mousse, its stiff yet melts on contact and soaks right in (the first one I made doesn't seem to soak in as quick)

First made

[ATTACH]2783[/ATTACH]

after an hour and 1/2

[ATTACH]2784[/ATTACH]

tested on my son's arm, melts on contact

[ATTACH]2785[/ATTACH]

soaks right in (can you tell :grin2:)

[ATTACH]2786[/ATTACH]

I'm so excited about this one :yay: Its scented w/ chocolate devil's food cake (WSP) and colored w/ cocoa powder. The color is light brown, I didn't put too much cocoa in - I did once when I first tried whipped shea 4 months ago and it left my skin a little brown.

post-119-139458385332_thumb.jpg

post-119-139458385335_thumb.jpg

post-119-139458385337_thumb.jpg

post-119-13945838534_thumb.jpg

Nice Arm pic, you can do arm modelling now!:grin2: On a serious note, that is beautiful. I can't stand creams that leave a layer of oil on your skin. You did an awesome job on that! You'll have no problem selling it.:yay:

LOL my son (6 yrs olds going on 18) said something about why am I your arm model ? He has two other brothers, but he's the only one that gets into it-testing/making stuff with me.

Recipe I used: (small batch just in case I messed up :grin2: )

6.3oz Shea Butter

2.5oz Mango Butter

1.5oz Sweet Almond Oil

.5oz Jojoba Oil

.3 Vit E

.3 Emu Oil

1 1/2 tbsp corn starch (I know this is ALOT but I like how it feels and the last time/my first time I made it, it was a mistake but I got rave reviews on the batch so I kept the amount. Normally 2 tsp)

.7oz WSP's chocolate devils food cake flavoring for B&B

started out w/ 1/2 tbsp of cocoa powder and added another 1 tsp.

.6oz Pheonip (preservative optional)

The mixture is very dark until it sets up then it turns little brown. It was so dark I thought I was going to have to throw it out. I melted the 2 butters in my pesto pot on warm. Once melted I added it to the other oils already measured out in a glass bowl. Then I added the cocoa and starch and started whipping adding in the scent at this point. I put the bowl inside another bowl filled with ice cubes. I like this method the best for myself. HTH

PLEASE everyone know I'm an expert in whipped shea butter,:embarasse I didn't mean to come off like that, I was just excited at how nice it came out.

Elizabeth I'm actually waiting a week and 1/2 before I hand them out as samples as w/ the 2 batches previously it took that long for me to get an end result (as they kept "hardening"). I was just posting because I was happy how it looked right off the bat as the others didn't look this good from the start!! I jumped the gun, guess I need to learn ...

The the people that emailed me about the recipe- I like these amounts, BUT I think the next time I do a batch I'm going to do 7oz shea and 1.5 mango (what I really need to do is buy some hemp butter, as I'm taking that amount called for in the recipe and splitting it between the shea and mango).

2 days and counting its still firm and soaks right in!! :yay:

PLEASE everyone know I'm an expert in whipped shea butter,:embarasse I didn't mean to come off like that, I was just excited at how nice it came out.

Elizabeth I'm actually waiting a week and 1/2 before I hand them out as samples as w/ the 2 batches previously it took that long for me to get an end result (as they kept "hardening"). I was just posting because I was happy how it looked right off the bat as the others didn't look this good from the start!! I jumped the gun, guess I need to learn ...

The the people that emailed me about the recipe- I like these amounts, BUT I think the next time I do a batch I'm going to do 7oz shea and 1.5 mango (what I really need to do is buy some hemp butter, as I'm taking that amount called for in the recipe and splitting it between the shea and mango).

2 days and counting its still firm and soaks right in!! :yay:

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be a storm cloud on your sunny day. I wanted to share my experience with you as I got "happy" with my body butter on many occassions, only to have it harden up on me a while later...

I'm keepin' my fingers crossed for ya! It does look wonderful!! :)