Coloring Bath Salts

shell1226

What do you guys use? I tried using some coloring for M&P soap, but the colors fade verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry quickly. :sad2:

Dead Sea Salts if that's what your coloring is TOUGH!! I've gotten to the point that I only color and put FO w/ plain bath salts. So wether I'm layering wht/color/wht/color or mixing the color w/ white I leave my DSS plain. I'm so sick of them getting mushy :mad: . I use both liquid B&B colorant and micas. Some people use food coloring. I used to put in a baggy and shake, but the last time I colored my salts I did it in a bowl w/ a spoon and liked the results better. HTH

Depending on the scent, I have used rose clay, cocoa powder, and many of the different oxides. They don't fade at all. And I haven't had them get gross when mixed with essential oils either. Another one I do is a spiced vanilla, which I put nutmeg in the vanilla salts. It turns it a slight brown.

I gave up on food coloring, it didn't last at all.

Oh, and my salts are just regular rock salt, so DSS may be different.

People have rarely asked me what type of salt I am using. Most people are more interested in the smell. I don't think they know the difference. I don't think I know the difference come to think of it. I believe all salts are detoxifying, right?

If DSS are that difficult to use it may be worth switching to regular salts.