How Do I enhance the Sandalwood/Patchouli scent?

Just got my Ecosoya CB Advanced Soy wax and tried it a few nights ago. I made a Brambleberry Sandalwood FO with some Patchouli EO and the smell was pretty light. I scented it at 7% and am wondering what I should try to really bring the Sandalwood Patchouli out more? Maybe I should all Lavender to the blend to enhance it's aroma (I have both Lavender FO and EO). Think that will work?

In the past I've made a soap that is Lavender EO and Patchouli EO and it was amazing and brought the Lavender scent out more but now I want to enhance the Patchouli/Sandalwood scent.

The wax itself is great and very smooth, I'm looking forward to trying it with an EO blend as well. Normaly I use Enchanted Lites soy container wax and mix it with palm wax but this wax just poured beautifully and the top was perfect.

Candybee,

Thanks for the tip. I only ordered 10 lbs of it and have only made one candle with the Sandalwood FO and Patchouli EO blend. I'm going to try one with essential oils next. I bought it because the site said there was great scent throw with EO's and FO's.

There are several types of Ecosoya I can order from here what would you recommend? http://www.canwax.com/page/page/3919833.htm

That's good to know it doesn't work with a lot of scents because I was thinking of ordering more but do want to try more candles first. Normally I use Enchanted Lites soy container wax that I get from another supplier but thought I would give Ecosoya a try. The tops were great but if the scent throw isn't good I'll just find what works to use up what I have.

Firefly- I second trying out the CB135. Its Ecosoya's soy blend and has a wonderful hot and cold scent throw. I use it in my wax blend and my customers alway tell me how great the scent throw is on my candles.

I also recommend Peaks Asian Sandalwood for a terrific and strong kick butt sandalwood. Haven't tried their Patchouli but am guessing it is probably a real good oil. I get terrific results with about 99% of their oils. Only had one that I didn't like.

I have mixed Peaks Asian Sandalwood and Flickers Patchouli Honey at 50/50% and wow! I love this combo. A fantastic sandalwood patch with a touch of sweet from the honey.

Candybee,

Thanks, I read somewhere on here from a link that was provided that CB135 has great cold and hot scent throw but that it doesn't work well with colourant. Do you have that problem at all? It was recommended that was a good wax if you don't colour your candles and I do use the wax blocks.

Your scent combo sounds great too. :)

Coloring my candles was a bear at first. Too much frosting issues when I used liquid dyes. Then I tried the Reddig dye chips from CS. No more problem! They color the wax beautifully and frosting is 99% gone. I only have frosting issues when I double up on certain dyes. Plus I love the vibrant colors and no more guessing how to mix them. CS has many to choose from so I just get the ones I want.