Votive Help Please **Added Pics

Wow, thanks for all the encouragements! I really love making these, believe it or not.

The layers were done by tilting the cups in a pan of dried beans for the first pour, then poured normal for the second.

For the pink sugar ones, I wanted them to look like they had turbinado sugar on the tops, so I used some clear crystal glitter from the craft section of walmart. I was afraid they would affect the burn, but it didn't at all.

I want to try some different/special effects with these, I think they could be addicting.

They look great!

Grumpy about your layered one. To avoid the pin holes heat the mold first with a heat gun then for the second layer wait till the first layer has set but not so much that it has pulled away from the mold. Then with the heat gun melt the top of the first layer slightly then pour your second layer just enough to cover the first (this way you avoid color bleed). Then when that layer sets, which only takes a short time hit it with the heat gun then finish pouring.

Now I'm sure others have other ways of doing layers but this is how I do them.

Hopes this helps for your layers.

Candle Man

Thanks Candle Man, I was wondering about those and what caused them. Now I know how to get rid of them. :) I want to try something bizarre next, but I don't know what it'll be yet.

Yep, I just sprinkled the tops of the last pour with glitter as it was setting.

They look great!

Grumpy about your layered one. To avoid the pin holes heat the mold first with a heat gun then for the second layer wait till the first layer has set but not so much that it has pulled away from the mold. Then with the heat gun melt the top of the first layer slightly then pour your second layer just enough to cover the first (this way you avoid color bleed). Then when that layer sets, which only takes a short time hit it with the heat gun then finish pouring.

Now I'm sure others have other ways of doing layers but this is how I do them.

Hopes this helps for your layers.

Candle Man