Need business name help...please..

tamilea

I soooo suck at this! Trying to figure out names is not my strong suit. But I'm getting ready to start selling and have been dragging my feet about my business name... here's what I have so far..

Dragonfly Creek Soap Co.

Creekside Soaps & Sundries

Celestial Body Creations

Ok, now I do live by a creek and we have lots of dragonflies..which I love by the way. I've come up with a couple logos for the first 2 from one of the free logo sites. Now the last one I was using printmaster and found a goddess type graphic that I was using on labels and such and I really liked it, but obviously I can't use it to sell.

I just don't know...:undecided

Thanks!

The last one is in business use for product name with several close name companies - I'd stay away from it. Creekside is also in business trade (without the sundries part). Dragonfly soap company is also in use - so possibly doing dragonfly creek might confuse people.

The thing I worry about with a lot of people naming their businesses is the length of name. Think about websites. Can you shorten it for a web name and is that web name available? Are you doing web at all?

Second - what type of products do you sell? A country/prim theme, or upscale/spa type? Or in the middle? Do you have plans to do either/or?

The reason I ask this is because I've got a few names in mind, but they may not fit at all for your product line.

I hadn't searched the names yet to see if they were in use, was trying to earlier and my internet pooped out on me.

I wondered too about the length, those seemed kinda long to me.

I do cp soap, body butter, hand lotion, bath salts, sugar scrub, dry oil spray and am going to start to dabble with cream soap.

I'd say more rustic right now... but in the future I hope to be able to do a more upscale spa line. To be able to cater to both. For the logo I want more of an outline type, not solid..kwim? With a flowing font. So of course I need a name to go with that.

Thanks!

I hadn't searched the names yet to see if they were in use, was trying to earlier and my internet pooped out on me.

That's really the first thing you need to do. If you wrack your brain over a name and then find out it's already spoken for, it's wasted time.

I like the "look" of Dragonfly Creek, but it's kinda hard to say outloud. You sure could do a lot of pretty things with a logo, though.

That's really the first thing you need to do. If you wrack your brain over a name and then find out it's already spoken for, it's wasted time.

I like the "look" of Dragonfly Creek, but it's kinda hard to say outloud. You sure could do a lot of pretty things with a logo, though.

Very true... I think I'll search just Dragonfly and a couple other things and see what I can come up with.... tomorrow.! For now it's time to eat!!!

Thanks for the advice..

Maybe Butterfly Creek... it's a little easier to say...

http://www.google.com/search?q=butterfly+creek&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

That's a hugely used name in just about every trade. :/

All these are of course interchangeable with company, corp., etc. What about incorporating other words instead of creek?

Creekfly

Dragonfly Stream

Soap Stream or Spring

Dragonfly Brook

Dragonfly Spring

The following are different language translations of "by the" in the middle.

Dragonfly Por Creek

Dragonfly Par Creek

Dragonfly Dal Creek

I'm sure some of these might be in use, but some ideas.

http://www.google.com/search?q=butterfly+creek&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

That's a hugely used name in just about every trade. :/

All these are of course interchangeable with company, corp., etc. What about incorporating other words instead of creek?

Creekfly

Dragonfly Stream

Soap Stream or Spring

Dragonfly Brook

Dragonfly Spring

The following are different language translations of "by the" in the middle.

Dragonfly Por Creek

Dragonfly Par Creek

Dragonfly Dal Creek

I'm sure some of these might be in use, but some ideas.

I'm liking the Dragonfly Spring...

Thanks for the ideas!:grin2:

Here is the place to look up trademarks.

http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/gate.exe?f=tess&state=r8ftoh.3.1

What if you were to play up the way dragonflys look or how they how they make you feel. Maybe like, Emerald Dragonfly Soaps. They are usually greenish teal colored. And you said you like the godess logo. You could go with mythological, spa/fresh, or Asian themes.

I'd like to incorperate dragonfly in there somewhere if I can. I'll see what I can do.

Can someone lead me to where I'm supposed to check for trademarks? Is it uspto.com? I think I'm inept at it, cause I'm getting nothing.:o

I love Emerald Dragonfly Soaps for a godess, mythical, whimsical &/or upscale sound. Dragonfly & Co. gives you lots of opportunities too. You could play that up on the rustic side or otherwise. I would be intrigued enough by both of those names to check out the websites.

I vote for Dragonfly or Brook maybe ... Why's it hard to say outloud? You can't talk? J/k!

Actually, yes, search the name first. Really it's more than wasted time. It's a downright pisser when it is taken.

Dragonfly Creek & Co

Dragonfly & Co.

I don't know why but when I see & Co. at the end of a biz name it sounds upscale? :undecided

What makes you think that? To me, I think someone just had a brain fart or wanted something else but couldn't think of something else.

Dragonflies and upscale ... something is off there. Maybe it's the overuse of upscale.