Work Area

Asher

I haven't used it yet, or really even set it up. It was just finished mere minutes ago. My sweet hubby set this up for me! There's another good foot and a half on each side inside the closet. Plenty of shelves, looks small, but it's plenty of room!

post-1603-139458385418_thumb.jpg

OMG!! I just had to post and say how scared I am, LOL! This "little" addiction may just take over my entire kitchen, LOL. Donita..you rock! I love all the room you have for your candles! Awesome :) I've devoted one shelf in my pantry to "candle supplies"....and it's slowly growing! Looks like I may have to eventually buy a bigger house, LOL. Thanks for sharing the pics. Very cool :)

I'm lucky enough to have a huge basement, so my work area is way too large to get in one picture. I should take a picture of just the place where I put the molds when I'm pouring...what a disaster area that is! I have probably 40 aluminum pillar molds in various sizes and they are just everywhere...the dirty ones are at the back of the table so I'll know to clean them, the clean ones are lined up in a couple of rows at the front of the table, some are over by the votive molds, some are over by the wax melter....I really need to get more organized!

If I get a chance today I'll take a picture of the main work area (It's two 6 foot long tables pushed together). I have another table just for pouring embeds and tarts, and I use the tops of my unopened boxes of wax to pour icing on candles (put wax paper underneath the candles first). I feel the need for about 4 more tables just so I can spread out more, but then I'd just have a bigger area to make a disaster!

DanaE

I lived in Morro Bay California for 4 months. Finally was back at the beach... Rented a small house with an ocean view....just a little view... on Orca St. I was so determined to make candles in this little house that I had my big wax melter outside on the tiny deck...plugged in through the little kitchen window. I put boards across the sink and used that for a counter and stored all of my stuff in the living room closet. We kept everything in storage in the garage until we were going to buy this house or another. I had to put everything away at the end of the day so I could cook or make coffee. I managed to do two large craft shows.....that was pure dedication. Wouldn't want to do that again.....I had to be way to organized. I just had to be. After 4 months :tiptoe: we moved back to Virginia......... Donita