Can anyone recommend a Pillar wax that.....

Nope...quadruple scent. It's my new marketing ploy to outsell the triple scent people :laugh2: Just kidding. I don't sell, heck, I haven't even attempted pillars yet. I'm looking for a wax to mix with my J223 for tarts. Not that I'm unhappy with the 6228, I just thought I'd see if there was something better out there :)

i love the igi 1246 granulated pillar blend...it has an awesome scent throw & you could easily mix it with your container blend! i tried 1343 & 1274 and this has the best throw by far. now you may be looking for a creamy wax for pillars & i don't know one of those..lol here is a link to the wax:

http://shop.candlesandsupplies.com/candles/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=Candles&category%5Fname=Pillar+Waxes&product%5Fid=WAX%2D1246

i make pink sugar pillars for my mom all the time and she loves them and the fact that they burn forever! every fo i have tested in this wax has been terrific!

Sounds like a strange concoction to me, but both the products you're abusing :) hold better than average fragrance so I think the answer is no. You could try adding 2% microcrystalline to the brew.

Wouldn't the micro raise the mp a little? higher mp for tarts is not as desirable right? So maybe up the % of the 223 to off set it a bit? That could be a great mix!

Wouldn't the micro raise the mp a little? higher mp for tarts is not as desirable right? So maybe up the % of the 223 to off set it a bit? That could be a great mix!
The melt point when you mix stuff isn't as arithmetic and predictable as you would think, but bottom line I don't think that amount of micro would make an appreciable difference. Anyway the one thing you can predict is that the melt point of this concoction will be considerably higher than something you could make from scratch. I know a lot of people use this "blend the pre-blends" approach but honestly I feel it's misguided.

Why is the blend the pre-blends misguided? It seems to work fine for tarts, although it does take them a bit to melt (about 1 full hour for a full melt on an electric warmer). I haven't even tried paraffin, I just figured it would be easier to use a pre-blend and not have to mess with all the additives (being a newbie at tart making). I tried out some parasoy for tarts and hated them. What would you suggest if I don't use pre-blends?

Pre-blends are fully formulated waxes that are optimized by experts for a particular purpose. Mixing them creates a nonsensical combination of ingredients that's often optimized for nothing. Even if it works acceptably it's liable to be strange stuff with more ingredients than necessary and strange combinations of them.

Just use a votive/container pre-blend. They already have the properties you need for a tart. If you were daring, you could even use low MP paraffin and a couple of additives to create something better than the random concoction and learn a lot about candlemaking in the process.