1000 Travel Tins - Can It Be Done?

Tizimarezie

I've been asked by a local company to make 1000 travel tin soy candles with no labels and they are needed by the end of October. There will be two fragrances only. For a small scale business (one pouring pot), is it reasonable to think that 1000 travel tins can be made in 5 weeks time?

Thanks for any input!

It can, especially with only 2 scents. I would get a few more pots for sure so you can fill them all, and pour them all and save the time of stopping after every pot. That way you only stop once and refill all. Space will probably be the worst but tins are a breeze. Easy fill, no wet spots, quick setups. You can do it!

DH and I poured 1350 6oz tins in 2 1/2 days Labor Day weekend. The first day we poured 640. That was the most we have ever poured in a day. Do you have a Turkey Fryer? We had 2 going at all times. You can do it!!! Carole

Footnote: The Fundraiser check for $4680. for these tins bounced today. If they don't get the replacement check to me tomorrow, all hell's gonna break loose.

Get 3-4 more pour pots, and if you can, get an electric turkey fryer. When I started pouring for fundraisers I purchased one. You'll wonder how you ever did without. I pour 3 lbs. at a time because with 4 lbs in my pour pot I tend to get sloppy. You only have 2 scents, that's 500 each (I'm assuming it's an equal amount of each). Great job at getting that type of account. It would also be wise to purchase something to keep your wicks centered. I use the popsicle stick thingy that has the ridges along the side (I forget what they are called).

Bug--that sucks about the check for the fundraiser. I never start a project unless it clears. Learned the hard way on that one.

DH and I poured 1350 6oz tins in 2 1/2 days Labor Day weekend. The first day we poured 640. That was the most we have ever poured in a day. Do you have a Turkey Fryer? We had 2 going at all times. You can do it!!! Carole

Footnote: The Fundraiser check for $4680. for these tins bounced today. If they don't get the replacement check to me tomorrow, all hell's gonna break loose.

All hell naw! Call me if you need back up!

Seriously....that is some isht! I wouldn't take a replacement check...Just a cashiers check or money order and a bat upside their head....

OMG :eek: :eek: *faint* *faint* hope you get that fixed quick...

tootie

Sorry I sorta hijacked your thread Tizzie, and congratulations! My one ace up the sleeve is that the gal who put the fundraiser together got a nice, big gift certificate (from my shop) as commission. This is our 3rd or 4th Fundraiser with them and I think she will come thru. Carole

Mary, she agreed to a warning label but doesn't want me to put my info (company name, dot com) anywhere on it. I thought that was a bit odd since it's absence takes any liability out of my hands to some degree...doesn't it?

By federal law, you have to put your company name and city on there, it's up to them if they take if off, but when it leaves your hands ALL candle related items have to have those two information pieces and a warning label.

You can do something like a warning label with a small line on the bottom that says:

Manufactured by Candle Company in Anywhere, Alabama, USA

You don't have to include contact info to you at all.

Bug

That is bad.I just got a request this week for a fundraiser.E-mailed her the sample forms to look over in attachments.Said she didnt get them but to send to her address.I did that with some samples and also told her to let me know if she got the forms through my second e-mail to her.No answer. So yesterday told her samples and forms are in the mail.Still no acknowledgement.Sure can e-mail for requests but after that nothing.

I better look over the payment to me.Seems it is Cash or MO as payment.I hope so.Not sure about wanting checks the way the economy is and things going on latley with people.

Where I live you would be amazed at the people(parents) who are taking Girl Scout money, football money and other charity fundraisers that they are in charge of. Don't they know they are going to get caught.People amaze me how stupid they think we are.

I had my neighbor volunteer with me for something.I put some of my own money under a stack of papers.She was the only one who saw where I put it. I left for 25 minutes and when I came back noticed the envelope stickiing out a bit.SO I said better put this in my purse.Well just envelope and no money. She had no idea what happened to my money.Yeah Right?? Others came in but wouldn't she say "I walked away a few times but no she just said 3 or 4 times,"I have no idea what happened to your money.Not that she tried to put blame on someone else. I didn't trust her but thought how stupid would she be if the money came up missing and she was the only one who saw where I put it.I would have trusted those people over her.

You just never know who will do this???? Church goer my neighbor is and a community service person.She thought she put the wool on me but she is mistaken.Since we don't talk now I can tell all. She is one who BELIEVES if you don't catch me or see me do it you cannot prove it. But she is a liar also. People believe and trust me. In fact some people I don't talk to alot say she is someone I don't feel is trustworthy.Funny they work in stores and they see through her.

I HOPE you get your money soon. That is terrible. :angry2:

LynnS

Good grief bugtussle, hope to God you get your money. I was burned once long ago, not for nearly that amount, but it taught me a good lesson. Money in hand first, no excuses, not even for friends.

Tizamarezie, I would expect only you could answer that question. I wouldn't think anyone on here knows your exact schedule.

By federal law, you have to put your company name and city on there,

Is that right? I was always under the impression that you had to put contact information on the label. Not any one specific contact information, but something. I've never heard business name and city. For obvious reasons, you want your business name on there. But I have never heard it was mandatory. Simple phone number should suffice.

I could be wrong, though.

Is that right? I was always under the impression that you had to put contact information on the label. Not any one specific contact information, but something. I've never heard business name and city. For obvious reasons, you want your business name on there. But I have never heard it was mandatory. Simple phone number should suffice.

I could be wrong, though.

http://www.candles.org/about_faq.html

Federal law requires that consumer commodities like candles be labeled with the manufacturer's name and location, as well as basic product weight and measurement information.

I looked up the specific statute once, I can try to find it again if you want. I lost all my bookmarks for the time being (backed them up to a computer that got zapped and have to move the hard drive into another comp).

Good to know that's all that is necessary. I had been told years ago that you had to provide CO Name, physical address and phone on the label unless your company was listed in the phone book. I'm doing more than I need and will shorten that up.