How I save little bits of wax

I have my camera in the studio today, along with MY NEW COMPUTER.....(it was a surprise).....so I am going to be boring you all with pictures of my work place. Here is one way I keep a little bit of wax for re-fills. I bought a bunch of little pitchers from WalMart and put them in the electric frying pan with water. I use a paper towel for a little pot holder when I am ready to use them. I also melt dye chips in them and color crayons to make molded shape crayons. Donita

post-248-139458384841_thumb.jpg

It's a Dell....one of those ads on TV...My DH saw it and ordered it for me. It is the E510.....led screen....I had an old old old one over here for years....the good one is in the house.....now I have a faster one because I haven't junked it up yet. LOL

I have a skillet too, but I have it underneath onr of my Presto Pot spigots to catch any drips after "decanting" wax to my pour pot. Then if I have any scraps or leftovers from test candles, I dump 'em in there, heat it up, and it solidifies into a nice block I can save for making firestarters.

Donita always has great ideas! :grin2: I'll have to find some of those little creamers too.

I also use the frying pan to level the tops of my canes....then I can save that was and us it to refill the cane if it has a little dip in the bottom. I also put my leveler in the pan and it catches the drips....when they build up I just melt them out and pour it out. I love electric frying pans for candlemaking....I never use them for cooking food....(smile)....Donita