tart shapes?

Hi all,

I was wondering which tart type shapes sell better? Cute little cookie cutter shapes, clamshells, floater type?

I'm leaning towards the mini muffin ones myself, but wanna make some cute little Texas and longhorn shaped ones(found those today at a craft store..so cute!) as well for a craft show coming up.

Or does it seem to matter? Just curious..I've never really sold many except in portion cups and I didn't care for the looks of those and I'm going to be using the palm wax for these to.

Also, if I sell the mini muffin ones seperate, how much do you sell those for? I was going for 6/$5..but seperate I was thinking $1??

I've not tried my hand at shrink wrap, so does anyone sell singles just in a small cello with tie?

I know..I'm full of it tonight but trying to keep my mind off the talk of Ike hitting the gulf and Texas..so I gotta keep my mind busy!!! LOL

Thanks bunches

I make my melts (tarts) in silicone molds...mini muffin, heart shaped, daisy shaped, and diamond shaped.

How would you use a cookie cutter to make them? Or did I miss something in your post?

I put mine in small polypro ziplock bags. These sell for $.99 each.

The diamond and daisy shaped ones are packaged 2 to a bag. These are also $.99 each.

Each bag is 1 oz.

I really don't think the shape matters...just the scent and the price.

Hi I have made shapes,clamshells and regular tarts. For me the clamshells diden't sell well at all. The shapes sometimes sell. And the regular looking tarts sell the best for me. As for wrapping them I shrink them one at a time or I sell them in a tin tie bag 6 to a bag. I am going to try to sell the muffin looking ones and I am hoping they will sell good. If you can't shrink then I would package them in a small zip bag with a label. Regina :D

i think shapes that look like the scent sell more. i had some at a show that were shaped like blueberries, strawberries and such and those sold out first. its cuter i think. but there is not always a mold for the scent though. like sex on the beach? what would that be lol.

i like mini muffins tarts and use the little portion cups to package them. just easier that way. i didn't like the look of them in the little baggies, or cello, and takes to much time to shrink wrap each individually. jmho

When I first started with melts, I did different shapes because I thought it was neat, unusual, and might sell better. Wrong. Nobody seemed to care at all, and the odd shapes didn't melt as well in the round bowls. Now I just do the round fluted kind. They sell better, and I have even had some people who bought my early ones specifically request round and not odd shapes. You may have a different experience. Please let us know what works for you. Coconut

P.S. Hope Ike isn't too mean to you-thoughts and prayers are with you.

Well I guess I'll try a few of the Texas shaped and use my mini muffin round ones then..couldn't resist the mini Texas shape..was to cute...I also have the small pumpkin and leaves to..We always did sell the cup ones though and the shapes never sold. They are so cute though.

You use the cookie cutter to cut out the shap after the wax has cooled a bit on a cookie sheet.

I'm still leaning towards just the mini muffins..I like the look of those!!

Thanks ladies!! looks like just plain tarts sell the best! And colored the right color to match!

Yep..Ike needs to take a hike...still looks bad here for us..but say a few prayers..things can change this week, but then the track hasn't changed in 2 days..not good:(

They have this aimed right at Galveston today.

When you have to make tons of them and package them all, you look for the easiest. For me it is the regular tart shape. Have thought about shapes but buying the molds and being able to crank out serious numbers.. plus shrinking them.. is just time I don't have. People more interested in how long the scent lasts.

I use the standard tart molds. I also have a special melt that I use a mini muffin for.

I have noticed that more and more 'chunk' type melts are appearing on store shelves. They look like randomly cut chunks about an inch square. I've even had a couple shops ask me if I do those chunky melts.

Haven't tried these myself yet but they look more like melts for the 'prim' look customers.