Peak's fo pricing

silkysoycreations

I guess I'm just whinning here but I order the majority of my holiday oils from Peaks and stressing over their pricing of some of their oils...$20.50/lb., gulp! Just last year I wasn't paying more than $17.95/lb. I just ordered a bunch of samples from CS after reading good reviews on their oils in general plus their pricing is way more reasonable. I'm hoping to find some replacements for Peaks oil but really bummed as I knew what to expect with them. Anyone else bailing on them due to their price increase since last year? I use GL's oils too...they're local so no shipping or cheap shipping at least. I'm trying to limit my suppliers to just a few.

All my suppliers have raised prices significantly (as in A LOT) since last year. Between the costs of some FO ingredients (patch comes to mind, but it's far from being the only one) and the enormous cost of shipping I don't think our suppliers had much choice - THEIR costs went up!

So even people who shop at some less expensive suppliers are dealing with the same issue!

Oil prices have gone up due to several factors; the increasing prices of essential oils; shipping; etc. I don't think $20 is bad at all for premium oils. In fact I am very surprised that CS hasn't gone up. Yes I would prefer to pay the old prices but those days are gone.

I'm working on getting my business back up and running after being closed for awhile and wow I've been shocked at the price increases on everything. I just paid 11.36 shipping on 100 wicks! Yuck! Won't do that again. The bad part about that was that the supplier was in my own state! No wonder hubby's been raising his eyebrows on the cost of supplies, lol. All in all though, It probably can't be any easier on the suppliers than it is on us.:D

JMO - Prices on everything everywhere are going up. I'm sure Peak's is doing their best to hold the line on prices, but their costs are rising too. I have a little spreadsheet I use to calculate my costs and create the prices I need to charge for my products. When faced with price change, I put that info into the spreadsheet to see what the bottom line is. The increase you describe works out to about .16 per ounce of FO, or about .01 (one cent) per ounce of wax if you pour at 6%. For me, that increase is not enough to justify retesting all my oils. Even on a 20 ounce candle your costs only went up 20 cents. If you raise your prices that much your customers probably won't even notice. Since I buy smaller bottles to keep my FO fresher, I have been basing costs on 2.00 per ounce FO prices for a long time. I would suggest if your margins are close, raise your prices enough to give you some room to slide for a while. Most people expect increases in an economy like this. Peak's oils are really good, and I wouldn't rework my whole business based on a price increase. Are you old enough to remember New Coke? :laugh2:

Everything, everywhere is going up, it's expected. But I agree, the price difference is not enough to make me want to retest everything. I was turned on to CS' oils last year and I love the ones I have, and they are closer to me, but Peak has some of my staple scents. If their prices were outrageous compared to other comparable suppliers I'd consider it, but they've always been fair in my opinion.

Just remember you get what you pay for. I would not trade the Peak's oils that I use for anything else. Tested and sell like crazy. Take advantage of their percent off.

You also have to rememeber what Peak's offers. Customer service bar none. Great oils. When is the last time they raised their prices, and you pay true shipping.