Craft Show Help

Dolphin146

Hi I am doing a large craft festival in October it is going to be 3 days. They tell me they get any were between 10,000 and 15,000 people a year. My question is How many cases of candles would you bring to a show this big? I am making 8 and 4 oz JJ jars, 3 oz wickless,Tarts,Votives,Smelly Jellies and some gift sets. I have never done onr this large and I want to make sure I bring enough. Thanks Regina :D

Hi there,

I have done a ton of craft fairs both super big, big and small. The super big craft fairs I was told they generally have 75K-100K of people in attendance and so I tried to make enough candles to not only make the investment back but also a very good profit.

Well, I made up 1300 candles in one weekend for this show that lasted 5 days. Needless to say, I sold 600-700 candles plus took some orders. I was left with over 500 candles that I had to get rid of. The show was last summer and I'm now down to 2 cases. So long story short, I recommend first making enough candles to recoup your costs, i.e. traveling, booth fees, decorations, business cards, samples, etc. then once you have that done I would factor in how much profit you would like to make and make those amount of candles. In the 12 years of making candles and attending these shows I have found that it's best to sell out than to go home with product. Best of luck at the show! :D

HTH,

Jameel

Hi there,

I have done a ton of craft fairs both super big, big and small. The super big craft fairs I was told they generally have 75K-100K of people in attendance and so I tried to make enough candles to not only make the investment back but also a very good profit.

Well, I made up 1300 candles in one weekend for this show that lasted 5 days. Needless to say, I sold 600-700 candles plus took some orders. I was left with over 500 candles that I had to get rid of. The show was last summer and I'm now down to 2 cases. So long story short, I recommend first making enough candles to recoup your costs, i.e. traveling, booth fees, decorations, business cards, samples, etc. then once you have that done I would factor in how much profit you would like to make and make those amount of candles. In the 12 years of making candles and attending these shows I have found that it's best to sell out than to go home with product. Best of luck at the show! :D

HTH,

Jameel

Thanks for the info. I won't mind If I have any left cause I can put the leftovers in my etsy shop for the holidays. Regina :D

Another thing to think about. Do you know how many candles you can sell in a busy day? That may not be the most accurate gauge but it gives you a good starting point.

I have learned over the years how much I am able to sell in a day and make enough supplies for at least that amount and a bit more.

I would also make sure to have plenty of order forms and brochures, just in case you ran out of something or somebody wants to order when they get home.

There's a convention that is occuring in the city that I live in, in a couple of weeks. I wanted to participate but knew for a fact I wouldn't be ready due to the fact they have some many visitors over a 2 day period. I guarantee I will be ready next year, as I've already started preparing.

Preparation is the key.