Dazzle Dust How To

Don't think I have seen this before here but--I got some sugar frosting dazzle dust from Aroma Haven - Love the pillars they show -- but don't know how to make it stick to pillars. Anyone ever used it or know how to make it stick???

I tried that a few years back in a container and a pillar. My tester hated it cause it made a mess everytime she touched the pillar, glitter all over. In both the pillar & container it did clog the wicks. The best way to use it is with a forever pillar, but you'll still get glitter all over the place when you touch it to move, or take it out of whatever it's wrapped in. Pretty.....very much, but just not practical!! :cool2:

I think the pillars on the supplier website are coated with the star dust dazzle dust. After the pillar is made and cured (no sweating) take a small amount of alcohol and rub the pillar lightly. This helps give you a pillar that will adhere the modge podge better. You'll want a thin coat of the clear modge podge (put it on with a paint brush). I put my dazzle dust in a shaker and shake it on the pillar. I don't put any on top and I always wick to give the pillar a thin shell as it burns down. After the candle has cured (give it a few days to dry completely) take a soft, clean paint brush and gently brush away any dazzle dust that didn't stick. I do this over a paper plate and pour back the loose dazzle dust to use again. Use your imagination with the colors of the pillar. These are gorgeous when the pillar is different colors. HTH and let's see the finished candle :)

Thanks Groovy Chic. I have used the glittler before in container candles and most customers liked it, when I quite they asked for it. This is not glitter. This is dazzle dust. AH says it is -

ultra fine glass beads that can be used on candles, wax fruit or embeds to create a "sugar coated" look. These tiny beads have the look and size of sugar. One of the most unique characteristics about our Sugar Frosting Dust is the reflective quality of the beads. They actually reflect light for a fascinating unique effect.

As soon as I can get some mod podge I am going to try it.