Just Scent or Day-Star???

BBSweets

Hello everyone!

We're going to be having a small fund raiser at work in November, and I was put in charge of gathering the supplies! Woohoo! :D

One thing that we're going to be making is scented ornaments - felt ornaments filled with aroma beads.

Right now I'm trying to decide where to get the fragrance oils. One of the other girls already has a bunch of aroma beads, so we've got that covered. I've been leaning towards either Day-Star or Just Scent. We really don't want to have to order from too many suppliers for this, so I'm trying to pick just one.

I was reading the fragrance twins thread, and they seem to have quite a few similar scents. At least from what I remember. So that makes me think the quality must be similar as well.

I do like the large variety at Just Scent, and the fact that the samples are only 1oz. We really don't need more than that of each scent right now. But one of the scents we're interested in is a Buttercream Frosting, and most people have said that Day-Star's is their favorite for that. Does Just Scent have something similar? If they do, I guess that will answer my question! If we order from JS, we'll be able to purchase more fragrance oils, but at the same time I want the quality to be good in aroma beads.

Oy. So I guess my question is, based on all that I just mentioned, would you suggest Day-Star or Just Scent?

Any help and suggestions are going to be GREATLY appreciated! lol

While I agree that Daystar's oils are far superior to Just Scent, they also cost ALOT more. If you're just doing sachets/ornaments, you might want to go with a company that is a bit cheaper. Daystar's oils are so expensive, it would really cut into your profit margin. Just my $.02.

While I agree that Daystar's oils are far superior to Just Scent, they also cost ALOT more. If you're just doing sachets/ornaments, you might want to go with a company that is a bit cheaper. Daystar's oils are so expensive, it would really cut into your profit margin. Just my $.02.

Thank you for bringing that up! That is actually why I mentioned that I was just using them for ornaments; to see if anyone else thought that I would be okay with JS oils. You know, since I wasn't using them in any of the more complicated applications.

Thank you all for your help!