j223/ igi 4633

Right now I use 4630 and I love it. But, I make candles for a hobby and wax + shipping right now is outrageous. I have one candle supply place close to me and they only sell J223. It would save me a lot on shipping, but is it worth it? Anyone use this wax? What is it like? I would appreciate any and all opinions. Thanks and have a great day!!:)

I use it mixed with 415 for my containers and alone for my tealights. I really like it. Good CT ad HT. The only issue I have is it is a bit too soft. I know that sounds funny.... but I am not used to softer waxes. When it is in a tealight you can kinda squeeze it. It is easy to work with. I have just started testing tealights using my container formula... so far I like it.

HTH

I would recommend getting a slab and playing.

I use it mixed with 415 for my containers and alone for my tealights. I really like it. Good CT ad HT. The only issue I have is it is a bit too soft. I know that sounds funny.... but I am not used to softer waxes. When it is in a tealight you can kinda squeeze it. It is easy to work with. I have just started testing tealights using my container formula... so far I like it.

HTH

I would recommend getting a slab and playing.

Thanks for the advice! The 4630 is pretty soft so I don't think that would bother me. I've just heard things like it really sinks and stuff, so that has me wondering. :undecided

I trashed a small batch of wax so I poured it into some jelly jars. It did sink a good amount in the middle. I did not pay any attention to pour temp or anything because to me it was garbage.

I have no issue with the tealights though.

Have you tried doing a search..... I know when I was trying to pick waxes I found some good info on it.

Good Luck

I use mainly 4630, but I tested the J223 wax. I think it is very close to 4630 with these differences: 4630 smokes more easily. J223 requires a little more attention regarding the cooling process. Since I did not feel there were a lot of differences, I stayed with the 4630 because it is cheaper. However, I felt J223 is a very nice wax and if I could pick it up locally, I would switch to it because the higher price is definitely less than shipping costs. HTH.

• 1 year later...

I use j223 all the time. I love it. I have recently moved to Wyoming and I am trying to find it out here somewhere. If anyone knows somewhere around here that I can get j223 wax please let me know. I do not want to try another wax and have to do all of my testing & burning all over again.