Just Scent FO's are awesome! Check'em out!

candlelady

I poured today:

Pumpkin Patch-ouli:drool: My new fall fav!

Pumpkin Custard Spice:)

Hot Maple Toddy:drool:

Iced Cranberry:drool:

Breakfast @ Beckys:drool:

Beckys Ultimate Vanilla:)

Hot Buttery Cinnamon:drool:

Cranberry Orange:drool:

Glade Glistening Snow:)

Coffee Cake & Spice:drool:

I'm waiting to pour:

Country Christmas

Deck the Halls

So far, I'm way impressed with her oils!

They are awesome!

Just thought I'd pass this along

Carrie

They all rock in 6006!

The last 2 weeks I have been testing Pumpkin Spice Latte and Caramel Cinnamon Latte in GB415 and they both have killer throws.

Will be testing Pecan Cheesecake Brulee, Christmas Wreath, Becky's Ultimate Vanilla, Cinnamon Roll w/Frosting over the next 2 weeks.

JS oils have been very hit or miss in GB415 for me but when I find one that works it always ends up as one of my top sellers. The Orange Chiffon is the best OC I have ever poured...and in the past 7 yrs I have used them all at one time or another.

Karen

OK, Sliver, I wish YOU would just stop posting on my threads! I'm really tired of your snide remarks MRS QUEEN OF EVERYTHING!

lmao Carolk and Sliver they have been tested PRIOR to pouring all my orders today. Sorry, I didn't specifically mention that to you testing wizards. Don't make assumptions as I do not have tell all the step by step process I take.

My comments stay as is. Now if you would just move on you two.

Actually, if anyone had wondered if she had already tested, they could just ask. She never mentioned if she did or didn't test previously, so any assumption in either direction was just that: an assumption.

I really want that 'Pumpkin Patch-ouli' but they just haven't had a good enough sale since bringing it out for me to indulge.

Darbla

The last 2 weeks I have been testing Pumpkin Spice Latte and Caramel Cinnamon Latte in GB415 and they both have killer throws.

Will be testing Pecan Cheesecake Brulee, Christmas Wreath, Becky's Ultimate Vanilla, Cinnamon Roll w/Frosting over the next 2 weeks.

JS oils have been very hit or miss in GB415 for me but when I find one that works it always ends up as one of my top sellers. The Orange Chiffon is the best OC I have ever poured...and in the past 7 yrs I have used them all at one time or another.

Karen

Karen have you poured Indiana Candle Supply Orange chiffon?

That is the only one I have ever tried so was wondering how you think they compair? I just love the smell...

I was thinking of tring JS too..I use 415, and have read where alot of their scents don't do well in 415..Can you recomend some that do well?

I know what you mean about when you find one that throws well..it will be a winner...

Glad to hear those FOs worked for you. I only use Banana nut bread and something else I don't remember off tops from them.

I thought you were going out of business, did I miss some threads from then to now? :undecided

How long did it take you to test those? I am asking cause it takes me forever to test...but I only test one scent at a time for throw and burn so I am not getting mixed candle smells. Any input is appreciated.

carolk~Oh, so now you are the crap police, and giver of snide.. Move on please...this is my thread.....Been in candle biz for 8 yrs.....

Darbla: They've had in the past 3 weeks or so FREE shipping and $7.95 shipping, which I always try to take advantage of this time of year. If you'd like a sample or two just let me know and I'll get some to you...

mizbizzyb: I've been testing these for the past 2 weeks. I have several places to test, my house, my guest room, my bathroom, my office (which is a house), the other office (a house), my moms house. Each person gives me feedback on a form I provide. In testing, I not only try to get my own opinion, but other's as well.....Oh, and I do burn them myself as well. As for GOOB: Nope, actually had to reprioritize things in my life in order to stay sane.....had to quit doing my candle thing, every day after work and all weekends...just too much....more pacing myself...plus we have tons of remodeling and construction at my house....and the holiday $$ is just too good! LOL

KarenOH: Thanks for your input. Now you given me the itch to try out those FO's....I just can't quit buying FO's during the holidays....it's just crazy.... If you are interested in a sample or two just let me know...

I would like to highly suggest the Pumpkin Patch~ouli to everyone, as this is just awesome! But you have to like/love patchouli to appreciate this candle...and yes you can smell the pumpkin too! LOL

Thanks all!

Carrie

Hi Carrie, Have you happened to sniff Yank's "Good Morning" and if so, how would you compare it to Breakfast at Becky's? I just love that scent...would be willing to try some if they are similar; couldn't find a dupe of it when I checked and someone here suggested that one of JS's.... Thanks!!

well your thread would have been awhole better if you had put that you had tested them. poured & tested are two different things. a helpful thread would have said what wax, amount of fo. as for assumptions, yes i took it as she had just poured them like she said in her post.

Hi Carrie, Have you happened to sniff Yank's "Good Morning" and if so, how would you compare it to Breakfast at Becky's? I just love that scent...would be willing to try some if they are similar; couldn't find a dupe of it when I checked and someone here suggested that one of JS's.... Thanks!!

Well, I haven't tried Y's Good Morning, but I just love this scent! Want some? PM me and let's see if I can get some to you.....

Anyone wanting to try some Pumpkin Patchouli, PM me I just got another 4 lbs. in!

Stella, Stellllaaaa!!! It's awesome....PM if you'd like to try 2 oz. or so to sniff/test. I've got a few other people who are wanting some. I have 2 oz. bottles for sniffies! LOL

As for not being "clear" in my original post, ask me and I will tell.

Thanks!

Thanks for posting :wink2: Pumpkin Custard Spice I cant find it on her site I must be missing it!

I poured today:

Pumpkin Patch-ouli:drool: My new fall fav!

Pumpkin Custard Spice:)

Hot Maple Toddy:drool:

Iced Cranberry:drool:

Breakfast @ Beckys:drool:

Beckys Ultimate Vanilla:)

Hot Buttery Cinnamon:drool:

Cranberry Orange:drool:

Glade Glistening Snow:)

Coffee Cake & Spice:drool:

I'm waiting to pour:

Country Christmas

Deck the Halls

So far, I'm way impressed with her oils!

They are awesome!

Just thought I'd pass this along

Carrie

They all rock in 6006!

Wish I could check em out as you say. But Becky has blocked my emails and I can't get on her precious forum either.

Sounds like a personal difficulty that isn't the business of CT or its members.

Stella, Stellllaaaa!!! It's awesome....

Carrie, I am just gonna have to try this one... the temptation is too much for me... crumbling...:D

Sounds like a personal difficulty that isn't the business of CT or its members.

Interesting comment. Judge, jury and executioner? :whistle:

Personal difficulties and business do not mix, from an ethics viewpoint. I have used to carry two oils from JS. However~since she kicked me off her mailing list for no reason, other than guilty by association, I choose not use this supplier. I much prefer businesses that have outstanding professionalism.

YMMV. This is an ongoing, non-isolated issue.

I will say, I've been sent candles from other members with her oils and they do smell lovely. However in various testing, which is subjective to each and every one of us, 90% of those oils do not perform for me.

Carrie, I'm glad you've found oils that work for you.

The two I used to carry, threw like wildfire in soy.

I have to say that I used JS oils for a little bit. It isnt that the oils didnt throw...they just didnt throw well. I have horrible candle nose and cant tell the difference sometimes, so I give new scents to testers. My testers said they werent as strong as my regular oils but I went ahead and used some of them since I had already shelled out good money. MY CUSTOMERS let me know real quick that the scent was not as strong in my candles. I sold all of the unused oils and have never looked back. I am not going to go into my run in with this supplier.

I am glad these oils work for you. You are telling people to check them out...I think people also need to know that JS oils do not work for everyone.

They are like ANY other supplier. Some do well, others do not. There are some FO suppliers that others rave about.... and most of the fo's were horrible for me.... haha... it's a no win. You have to shell out crap loads of money and test. I have yet to find a company where I have loved every oil. When I do.... I will have hit the jackpot!

As for the oils mentioned.... the pumpkin patchouli is fantastic! That threw the doors off my house.

And the Glade glistening snow is really good too.... but I hate the scent. :tongue2:

There's a new pumpkin spice latte (or something like that) that I want to get my hands on and try.

Canldelady-What kind of wax did you pour them in?

IGI 6006

8 oz. square mason jars

CD14 wicks

As someone mentioned, that all FO's and wax combinations don't necessarily make a "great" candle....so testing is a must, not only for these types of scenarios, but testing methods may differ as well.

I am only speaking of MY experiences with JS FO's in my wax, with my wicks, etc....

But Pumpkin Patchouli is a MUST for everyone to try!

Thanks for all your comments, etc..

Carrie