DayStar just picked up Soap Silly!

bugtussle

Yes, sounds good indeed! I had been looking at a few of their oils, but had never heard much. After researching on the boards, it sounded to be pretty hit and miss as far as when you get your items. Glad to hear I'll be able to try them out soon without worry of waiting forever and a day to get my items.

Both Soap Silly and Daystar's prices are too high for wax applications, imo. I can't tell you how many times I've filled my Daystar cart but clicked off when I saw the total bill.

With rare exception, I seriously refuse to pay $25 or more for 16 oz of fo. When a supplier's oils are all $25 or more per 16 oz, I'm thinking that supplier is too rich for my blood. If all I made was perfume or items with high profit margins, maybe, but not for wax. Too bad, too, since Daystar carries a lot of types I'm wanting but will probably not live long enough to try. This buyout will make it harder to resist, but I'll betcha I can manage.

:cry2:

I also won't put certain FOs in wax because they are too costly but I will in soap and B&B. I've been wanting to try Soap Silly oils but haven't because of what I have heard about Soap Silly's CS. Now I will definately try them. I've tried a few of Day Star's oils over the years and was very happy with them. Now I have a reason to try some other DS oils when I finally get to try the SS oils. Good news to start my birthday day!!!

edited for typos.

I wish I had never tried the BBJBC because it's a favorite among my customers. It's pricey that's for sure. Daystar has great oils, but I'm with Sliver on this...I just can't afford it. The last year or so I've been getting my Daystar oils from the classies--gotta love Scented for that. LOL!

Both Soap Silly and Daystar's prices are too high for wax applications, imo. I can't tell you how many times I've filled my Daystar cart but clicked off when I saw the total bill.

With rare exception, I seriously refuse to pay $25 or more for 16 oz of fo. When a supplier's oils are all $25 or more per 16 oz, I'm thinking that supplier is too rich for my blood. If all I made was perfume or items with high profit margins, maybe, but not for wax. Too bad, too, since Daystar carries a lot of types I'm wanting but will probably not live long enough to try. This buyout will make it harder to resist, but I'll betcha I can manage.

:cry2:

I totally agree with you.

I hardly ever use any of my spendy oils on candles. Maybe for personal use, or an occasional gift. But for CP soap, IMO~ the higher priced oils do seem to perform better. More interesting variety of scent as well. If you ever start CP soaping [cough cough] :laugh2: I'm sure you'd discover the same.

Resistance is futile. I'd imagine you'd sell the heck out of some of those fragrances in B&B applications. You'd be using less a lot less oil than in candles, therefore they could be worth the investment.

They'd make a great flavor of the month. [hint hint :) ]

I totally agree with you.

I hardly ever use any of my spendy oils on candles. Maybe for personal use, or an occasional gift. But for CP soap, IMO~ the higher priced oils do seem to perform better. More interesting variety of scent as well. If you ever start CP soaping [cough cough] :laugh2: I'm sure you'd discover the same.

Resistance is futile. I'd imagine you'd sell the heck out of some of those fragrances in B&B applications. You'd be using less a lot less oil than in candles, therefore they could be worth the investment.

They'd make a great flavor of the month. [hint hint :) ]

STFU. I don't need any help from you!

puplaugh.gif

• 3 weeks later...
I wish I had never tried the BBJBC because it's a favorite among my customers. It's pricey that's for sure. Daystar has great oils, but I'm with Sliver on this...I just can't afford it. The last year or so I've been getting my Daystar oils from the classies--gotta love Scented for that. LOL!

I didn't have one customer who liked Blackberry Jam Butter Cookie...everyone thought it was too sweet. I thought I liked it until I burned one that never sold and it is too sweet for me too. I love Daystar's Vanilla Bean though!

LOL! You aren't hinting you need more are ya?

I didn't have one customer who liked Blackberry Jam Butter Cookie...everyone thought it was too sweet. I thought I liked it until I burned one that never sold and it is too sweet for me too. I love Daystar's Vanilla Bean though!

Are you talking about the vanilla bean cookies? I haven't tried that yet, but I can't wait to get the original vanilla I've been waiting so long for someone to dupe this :)

So I noticed SS and DS are pricey! Are they that much better than say, AH, BCS,JS.? I mean if its proven they are better then I could say I might try it. Kinda like you pay for what you get thing....Although let me say I really like JS,AH, BCS. I think I am missing one. Anyway maybe I will Have to get a sample and see what the hype is on the price. Anyone know any difference in the oils? LeeAnn~

I don't think they are pricey at all, given they are oils that have been tested and formulated for both body and candle. The composition makeup of oils that are pure undiluted and safe for body applications make up a pricier oil. Just from the oils I purchase myself directly from manufacturers, I recently saw $60.00 for a pound of fo from one of the manufacturers places. Some of my oils I purchase from the manufacturers are just as costly as the ones from places like these. SC's and SW's have higher prices on many of their oils than SS and DS.