Penney Layne Webdesign

Rae

Designer 218 is the BEST! I have been with her since Feb/07, and can tell you without a doubt she has the best customer service, best up time...and really cares about her customers!

Before D218 I had been with 3 other DIY hosts in a period of 1 year. 1 place I would email the owner an urgent email, and 1 week later still no reply.

The 2nd place I went to started out ok...but then she got too big and it all went to her head.

I highly suggest D218...I have never been happier!

NOW THIS WOULD HAVE PUSHED ME OVER THE EDGE. I would have been PISSED. Its like she is rubbing that fact that she has your money and there is nothing you can do about it in your face. Go to your lawyer as some said, keep going headstrong with that paypal dispute, and most of all MAKE SURE EVERYONE KNOWS OF YOUR EXPERIENCE.

Hey, Southern Scents,

Just got an email from paypal and I have 2 against PL. The response from PL was on a $10.99 Christmas webset that I never got. Just think how mad she will be when she finds out there is another one for $197. I am having trouble with the second dispute because the $197 does not show up on my paypal account. It does shoe up on my bank account. You can't do a dispute with paypal without the transaction number.

So, I emailed paypal back and asked them how I was supposed to put a dispute on it.

Designer 218 DOES offer real time shipping with Zen cart.

Or you can pay $8 per month last time I checked for real time shipping with Mals if you use 218's standard template.

And just to make myself clear, I'm not laughing at you poor folks who have gotten burned. I'm laughing about the state of affairs with the hosting company. Who coulda seen that coming, lol.

Hey, Southern Scents,

Just got an email from paypal and I have 2 against PL. The response from PL was on a $10.99 Christmas webset that I never got. Just think how mad she will be when she finds out there is another one for $197. I am having trouble with the second dispute because the $197 does not show up on my paypal account. It does shoe up on my bank account. You can't do a dispute with paypal without the transaction number.

So, I emailed paypal back and asked them how I was supposed to put a dispute on it.

Couple of things - if you used the card and didn't enter in a pin number, it's automatically used as a credit card.

If you used Paypal in this way that it shows, it is NOT linked to a card at all. It's a direct bank draft.

Check your transactions history. EVERYTHING you did in Paypal over the last year is there, just try the search. However, if it's been more than.. either 30 or 60 days, I think time has expired to dispute with Paypal.

Couple of things - if you used the card and didn't enter in a pin number, it's automatically used as a credit card.

If you used Paypal in this way that it shows, it is NOT linked to a card at all. It's a direct bank draft.

Check your transactions history. EVERYTHING you did in Paypal over the last year is there, just try the search. However, if it's been more than.. either 30 or 60 days, I think time has expired to dispute with Paypal.

Thanks, MissMary,

I did not use a pin number and it is not on my history at paypal. On my bank statement it shows "11823 purchase paypal leapinglizar...4029357733 ALUS $195." The date is 7/16/08.

It has not been 30 days. I am waiting to hear back from paypal. I can't figure out why it's not on my history. I have checked a dozen of times, at least. I will call my bank the first thing in the morning. Thanks! Rae

Thanks, MissMary,

I did not use a pin number and it is not on my history at paypal. On my bank statement it shows "11823 purchase paypal leapinglizar...4029357733 ALUS $195." The date is 7/16/08.

It has not been 30 days. I am waiting to hear back from paypal. I can't figure out why it's not on my history. I have checked a dozen of times, at least. I will call my bank the first thing in the morning. Thanks! Rae

That sounds like you paid with a card TO a paypal person, without using your account. If that's the case, this is a credit card transaction (since no pin was entered) and as such can be disputed, especially given the timeframe.

I'll elaborate, but keep in mind it was with the PREVIOUS owner of HCM. The DIY was essentially a few mods added onto FREE software. The owner was selling and marketing it as his OWN software as the reason to purchase. That was the start of it.

To add to matters - there was not much warning in the way of selling the company or to whom. The "new" person that owns it also has a... wth, call it like it is - piss poor customer service record.

Now, while SOME have had success with HCM, most have not, most have also not received what they should have, and yet others were never told that the software was free open source software, which is against the law under the GNU. That left a bad taste in a lot of people's mouths.

I DO NOT know what the new owner of HCM has in store for that particular area, but my guess would be a copy over of the exact same of the other websites. My theory always was any company that has to have more than one site name to sell their product - not good. (Excluding buying up .net, .us, etc.)

Thanks Mary..

I do remember some of this, but with posts being deleted I was not sure.

I do remember Frank getting on here a being very rude to his customers when him and PA were no longer in biz together.:shocked2:

I was floored by his very rude responses. Posts got deleted. Then we were all told just to let it be when we asked about it.

It is like tabu.

I don't understand why people are staying with this company..

I would be PO and changing my service today...

WAY to much drama and poor customer service..

The new owner I take is Laura???

Seems like customer service is lacking there too????

When I pay for a service or product, I expect it to work.

All I have seen with HCM is people begging for service, unanswered questions by the owners, and owners being switched on and off like a light bulb..

Then people feeling sorry for the owners and trying to justify their poor business actions.. :rolleyes2 If you didn't know these people, you would not be tolerating their lack of customer service..

I just don't get it??? Business is business.

What am I missing...

Why are all of you with this company, staying with them??

Well, I have researched a little and Franks statement that none of the software he provided us should be released under the GNU is absolute BS. He stated that he never charged us for the cart software, he simply charged us for hosting--9.99. However, he SCREWED himself in a post on an earlier thread by stating that he has gladly hosted customers for only 4.99 because they would not be using his software. Therefore, Franks has indeed been charging us for the "HCM" software (AKA osCommerce) and he should provide us access to a full copy of the software that we legally could use as many times as we would like....