How Would You Package This?

Alajane

I definitely prefer to use jars with lids, but sometimes just can't resist a pretty container. I bought these to make chunk candles and just love how they turned out, but now there's the dilemma of packaging them for shows. Would you use bags with ribbons or shrink wrap? I placed the chunks so they are slightly higher than the tops, so I'm afraid shrink wrap will look ugly, but I also hate dealing with boxing up bagged candles and making sure the bags don't get "smushed." Any suggestions?

TIA,Jane

7669b9872b2a09e084467cd72e43b3ca.jpg

Those seals would be a possibility for future candles--I can't use them for the ones I already have made since the chunks stick up past the top of the jar. I really prefer that look, because it looks skimpy to me when the jar isn't nearly full. But I think I'll order some of these to try out.

Thanks for the suggestion--I thought those only came in round, so I'll have to measure my jars and may order some. Any other ideas?

I would use the Gusseted cello bags and tie a curling ribbon around it and tie a hang tag with you business name and number on it too.

I bought some of those jars too at the Dollars Tree I haven't got around to making me some candles yet.

Barbara AL

Barbara, Hi! My mom always said great minds think alike! That's what I've done with the dozen I have already made up and they look very nice. I just hate dealing with the bags when going to shows, so I thought I'd see if anyone had any other ideas.

I think you'll like the way they look--I double wicked mine and they burn beautifully. I liked them so much I bought all the Muscle Shoals store had and then ordered 4 dozen more from Dollar Tree Direct. Hopefully customers will like them as much as I do!

Jane

If I was going to do those I would shrink wrap them and then take 2 strips of ribbon and cross them at the bottom bring them up the container and tie a bow at the top. That would hide and imperfection of the shrink wrapping.

That would also give a really great place for a hang tag.

If I was going to do those I would shrink wrap them and then take 2 strips of ribbon and cross them at the bottom bring them up the container and tie a bow at the top. That would hide and imperfection of the shrink wrapping.

That would also give a really great place for a hang tag.

That's a great idea Vicky! :smiley2:

That sounds interesting--if I have time to play tonight, I'm going to unwrap one of the ones I already have made and try that shrink-wrapping suggestion. It would be sleeker than using bags, so I like the idea--if I can get the execution to work!!

Thanks for the idea,

Jane

I tried Vicky's method last night (actually my shrink wrapping turned out better than I expected--it might be okay without the ribbon). I did one up with the shrink wrap, ribbons, and hang tag and was very pleased with it. So I took pictures of that style along with the bagged one to post and get your opinions.

THEN I spent an hour trying to get my camera to download the !@W#$ pictures and never succeeded!! Looks like I'm having camera problems now.

Circle, I don't want to use a "regular" box because I'm looking for a way to package these to display at shows instead of after sale.

Thanks, guys, for your help.

Here I am replying to my own post again--but I wanted to show you the finished candle using Vicky's method (I finally got my pictures downloaded). I'm also attaching a picture of one in a bag--mainly because it's my favorite of the chunkies because of the color (it's Pomegranate Vanilla).

Let me know which you guys prefer.

Jane

post-578-139458449279_thumb.jpg

post-578-139458449286_thumb.jpg

Really like the shrink wrap one and the other looks very nice too. But how do you shrink wrap something like that? The only thing I have done is a basket and it had all the stuff at the top, looked like the bagged one but tight on the bottom. Are you tapping the bottom then shrinking?:confused: Thanks

Thanks, I agree--I like the shrink wrapped one better, too. Of course, it takes much more time to do since I don't have a professional shrink wrap system!! But I do think it looks much more professional.

Sharon, yes, that's exactly what I did--I taped the bottom and then put a label over that. It covers the tape and, even though I had the fragrance label at the bottom, you couldn't read it well through the several layers of shrink wrap and the tape--so the label served a dual purpose--looked better in addition to being practical.

Thanks, guys--I get my best ideas from here!

Jane