Swirl votives and containers

In my very limited experience with these, and I do mean limited. You have to get the wax very thick to put the dye in and get the swirl pattern. Then you have to almost scoop it out of the pour pot to get it into the jars. I don’t know, maybe there is an easier way, but I found it to be quite messy and not worth the work. Just my opinion, maybe someone else will chime in.

I've never tried doing it for containers. But I did try the votive and it was hard...and messy. I think the votives are just to small. When I hit it with my heat gun it melted to fast and the colors blended to much. I barely got any marbled look to it all.

Swirled/Marbled is not that hard once you get the technique itself down and yes, it IS a messy candle to make, but it's so beautiful and unique when you pull it out of the mold, to me, it makes it worth while.

First off, if you use liquid dyes, check out EB's instructions, she's done a fabulous job putting the step-by-step instructs together, very easy to follow.

http://www.candletech.com/marbled/

Second, if you use the chips instead of liquid, I've been in process of doing instructions for that as well, I've been sick the last few weeks and I'm just now getting healthy enough to tackle my marbles again. In the forum, I posted several pictures of marbles/swirls that I've done using the chips, it's easy to do and I more or less explained my technique.

http://www.candletech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6253

I've actually had very good success doing it with container wax, same process as the ones above. You've just got to work at it. It's an easy technique once you see what's going on and it's very addicting as well.

I PROMISE, PROMISE, PROMISE, I'll have the instructions THE END OF THIS WEEK! If it weren't for the fact I got sick, there would have been something done by now.

Ok CandleKitty, this is not fun! Not only did I make a huge mess and waste swirl wax that will be remelted into a single color, but how does it work out? I poured it in the votive mold and it has a rough ugly top. How do you get it smooth? How do you get the tart tops smooth?

I actually will heap the wax over the top of the votive cup and then take a knife. While the wax is still warm, I'll slice through the heaped wax vertically and horizontally then pull the wax off the candle. Then as a finishing touch, I'll heat it up with the gun just enough to get a small layer of melted wax. Leaves a nice, smooth top and you'll still have the swirls.

Sorry for the delay in response, was sleeping since I have to work tonight :embarasse