Label issues on palm wax pillars

I tried to search the answer to this question, but haven't found an answer. I really hope someone can help. My labels on my palm pillars get discolored and ugly with the fragrance oil. No other part of the candle is "sweating" but the label gets funky looking, and greasy. I use 1.5 oz per pound of wax.

Does anyone else have this problem? If so, were you able to successfully fix it? Thanks!

I don't use that much FO, but eventually the labels will get kinda funky lookin'... best to sell 'em fast!!:laugh2:They also get *soaked* more quickly when the candle is stored in warmer temps, so I try to store 'em where it's pretty cool... ;)

So it's normal? It just worries me because I want and NEED people to read the caution labels and some are to the point of illegibility. If one day I plan to sell, I definitely have to find a way to fix this problem. Does lowering the FO help, or is this just standard?

Like others said - it happens. The longer the label is in contact with the bottom of a candle, the more likely it is to bleed through.

There are some label types with inks and material types that might resist the oils longer than others, but the bottom line is that most that are paper based do absorb oil eventually. The ones I print with an inkjet printer become illegible quickly, so I have taken to buying preprinted ones which hold up better on the type-legibility issue, but they still get oil-soaked eventually. It takes mine a few months generally to start looking *oily*. Like I said before - best to sell them quickly so this isn't as much of a factor. ;)

Maybe storing them upside down would help.

Thanks! That makes me feel better. I was convinced I was doing something horribly wrong! I've been putting them on paper towels for about week before putting on the caution labels and that has helped alot, but I just wanted to make sure I wasn't the culprit!

Well yeah - we let 'em cure/harden for several days to a week before labeling or shrink-wrapping... When first poured, the wax structure is not fully hardened and chips/crushes very easily, so we let ours sit up about a week before we even fool with 'em. ;)