Help with presto pot

before i order this in the morning .. can anyone tell me if they have one .. is it worth it ?

more to the point .. does that nozzle come with it ? i wouldnt know what kind to buy at homedepot if it doesnt .. it says its already fitted for it .. but doesnt say if it comes with it

thank you for your help

http://www.soapandthings.com/pc-2086-9-6-quart-presto-candle-melting-soap-melting-pot.aspx

• 2 months later...

The first one I bought had a spigot - I have a couple more now also without the spigot

Have to say I have never used the spigot on the one that has it even

I just put the pour pot onto the scale, tare it out and dip out of the presto and pour directly into the pot - Seems a lot easier to me

(Plus this way I don't forget and leave the spout open after it's used - Just the thought of what that would be like the next time I turned it on and my wax melted . . . That was something I could very easily see happening to me the way my luck runs!)

Guest scrapgabbie

Mine doesn't have the spigot, l just pour straight into the mold, or if making embeds l pour into a pouring jug, pour the embeds and then tip excess wax back into the pot.

We don't have the option of spigots down under, l had to buy something that looks like what you guys call presto pots, and l meant to ask my dh to fit me a tap but he hasn't got around to it yet so l kinda got used to it how it is LOL!:rolleyes2

Guest meredean

OH, I've done that!!! It really sucks:angry2:

(Plus this way I don't forget and leave the spout open after it's used - Just the thought of what that would be like the next time I turned it on and my wax melted . . . That was something I could very easily see happening to me the way my luck runs!)

IMO, the Presto is not the best of the small pots, but they work reasonbly well. I do not like the magnetic control, which is constantly knocked off, and leaves 2 power contacts exposed, and dangerous. The folks who don't use the spigot must be pouring very small batches, because a pot full of wax is heavy and unwieldy. Pouring from the pot is doable, but the risk of spills is magnified.

I have 2 Daizey pots, which are the best of the smaller pots, and 2 Prestos, 1 with the spigot, and 1 I haven't gotten around to putting one in, and when using that one, I pour from the pot.

Trust me, the spigot is better.

My main pot is a Turk & Surf turkey fryer. The others are for specialty waxes & gel.

Get the spigot if you get a Presto. Buy the Daizey if you can find one, and add your own spigot.

Fredron

My main pot is my turkey fryer also. If you do very many large orders it is definitely a big help not to have to be mixing/melting wax every time you turn around. You can really pour up 8 lbs in a hurry. Actually 2 of my presto's are seldom used. The other I keep my pillar wax in.

I have 4 of these each with a spigot. I bought them off of one of the classy ads a while back. I love the spigot on mine since it does make it easier for me. I can tell you tho, make sure you check your spigots if you have them. A few months ago I was using one of my prestos and the spigot starting leaking, before I realized what was happening the dang thing came off the pot! It had been on there pretty good I thought. I have no idea if the heat caused it to come apart or what. I bought them with the spigots already attached. Needless to say I had a huge mess on my hands. I always keep something on the floor under where my pots are at just in case there are a few drops that come out after putting in my pour pots but, this mess ended up with soy wax on a pretty good sized area of my hardwood floor.

I know that not too long ago there was a thread on here started about presto pots something to do with spigots or not....those that did not use spigots were using something else to dip the wax out of the pots. I think most were using ladels from what I remember. If you decide against the spigot you might want to try this.

Be certain the spigot is threaded onto the pot befor you buy it. There is no other way that will last. No adhesive or glue will stand up to the usage.

I threaded all my own, but I have the tools, and was a machinist for years.

Fredron

The ones I had were working very well up to the point that this one had the spigot come off. As a matter of fact, I had used them for about 5 years when this happened. Like I said, I'm not sure what caused it but my husband used some JB weld and put it back on. I double checked the rest of the pots and they are ok but they got reinforced with JB weld also just to be on the safe side of things. All of them had been threaded to the pot so it's anyones guess as to why this one came off. I had moved them a few times so maybe I bumped it against something without realizing it, I don't know. I agree tho, do check them if you get them with the spigots.

The first one I bought had a spigot - I have a couple more now also without the spigot

Have to say I have never used the spigot on the one that has it even

I just put the pour pot onto the scale, tare it out and dip out of the presto and pour directly into the pot - Seems a lot easier to me

This is how I do it. It pretty much comes down to what you prefer~~not that one way is better than the other.

OMG what a nightmare you just brought up. Thanks.....:sad2:

I use the Turkey Fryer now and only use the spigot when I clean it out.

Found using the dip it out method much faster plus having to set the Presto on a higher level to even use the spigot was a problem. But what ever is easier for you.