best soy pillar wax for tarts?

CountryTartMama

Hi, im looking for opinions on what ya'll think is the best soy pillar wax for tarts? Im using EcoSoya wax pillar blend. I switched from a container wax i was using. I am noticing i cant burn my tarts right away with the pillar wax, they just dont seem as strong. Do they need to cure with this wax? Im very new to all this, only been doing this a year, and just switched my wax as it was messy when packaged. Thank you for your help!

Christina

Christina

I also use the Ecosoya Pillar blend to make tarts and have great success with them. If you are not getting a good throw it could be one of several reasons. I use 1oz FO per 1 lb of wax and get a great H&C throws with it. I heat my wax to 185 then mix in the fragrance and dye and blend thoroughly. I pour at around 175.

Another reason could be the fragrance itself. Have you used it before? Do you know it throws in your soy? If not, try another FO. Not all FOs work well in soy.

Even a third reason could be the burner itself. Is it creating a full melted 1 oz tart after a half hour? If not it may not be hot enough. Not all tart burners work the same. HTH

Candy

I had used the ecosoya pillar blend for my tarts before, and just did not like the hot throw I had gotten from it. The cold throw was awesome though. I had switched to the NatureWax Soy V1 for tarts, but NatureWax has discontinued the v1 for now and I was told they are recommending trying the NatureWax Soy P2 for the votives and tarts. I have tried the P2 a couple times and I am liking the throw so far from it.