Who uses Etsy?

Jokerjen

i have an etsy store and to me sales a up when i am active in the forums. i have had a few customers buy from me on etsy and for some reason their last order have been from my site directly. all in all i feel it is a good place to sell. also, many crafters use it as their primary website.

There are quite a few of us here that sell on Etsy. It does seem the more active you are on their boards the better you sell. My sales are down right now and that is mainly do to the fact I just plain do not have time to promote myself on the boards right now.

I don't sell on etsy, but I BUY! Just this past week I purchased from 2 separate etsy sellers and found their links on a forum. I'm trying to restrain myself from making a 3rd order from a baked goods seller that I wasn't looking for--found her on a forum.

I've been selling on Etsy for about 3 months now and personally I like it! The prices are cheap to list and it seems like more and more people are buying from it.

So far i've done good with sales, from people I do know and don't know. Im using it as a leadway to open my own site, first see how good i do on etsy then upgrade to a website.

I think it's good for people to try it out and see what they make of it for themselves. Sinc it doesn't have a montly fee (but what you use in posting your piture and in your sales) it's good b/c if you like it you keep going and if you don't then shut your account down!

But I must say if you don't advertise and let people know it does hurt your sales....

So when you do it, LET THE WORLD KNOW!!!! Trust me it helps!

Like get in forums and chats and blogs and on etsy teams!

Best wishes if you try it i'm sure you'll do well!

I have had pretty good luck on ETSY but Im closing my shop for a while so I havent been listing, and havent been in the forums so I havent really had any sales.

I will also recommend silkfair.com I only have a few items on there since I joined right before I decided to close shop, but its free to list items which is always a plus :)

I like Etsy, really got into it fall of last year, although I have had my account since Feb 06. The cool thing about the $.20 that it costs to list is that your item can stay on Etsy for 4 months before it expires. You do have to self promote but that is easily done. I jazz up my store once or twice a month with a new banner and avatar, rotate my features, network with others in the forums, etc.

Join some teams (both locally and glogally,) get yourself on ning, flickr, etc and get a blog going. Get a mailing list going where you can offer coupons, discounts, latest items, etc. Success will not happen overnight, but it will happen if its meant to be:)