My weekend soap....

lindsaycb

I haven't posted soap...and this weekend I finally jumped into my 50lb bag that has scared me for the last year. (I actually got in the bag w/o gloves on too...bad bad girl!!)

Five batches of dwcp. Orange Cranberry, OHM, Doublemint, Coconut Cream Pie & Juniper Wood

post-1500-139458384777_thumb.jpg

Those are really nice. I'm taking it you mean lye when you say 50# bag. I was afraid to try it too. But someone from the board sent me a couple bars of soap to try (never tried it before) and man, I just had to start making some. I Oh, I'm hooked, and have made several batches, some good, some bad. It's fun isn't it, and I love the testing part. lol

Those are scrumptious looking girl!! Love 'em! :D

Where did you get the juniper berries?

I'm wondering how do those do, and the cranberries and the coconut, when you use the soap? I know with the oatmeal, sometimes I've got oats stuck all over my bod, and the shower bottom or sink, so I've taken to just barely sprinkling them on top, so I'm just curious about those items that you use.

They look like loaf cakes/breads instead of soap, and now I'm wanting something good like that! ;)

I swear you'd think that making candles and B&B stuff would keep my mind off of food, NOT! I just come here and there's all kinds of stuff to remind me of it, whether it be soaps, posts about what kind of food to serve at open houses, or those awesome looking food candles. :eek: LOL

I for one can't wait to see what these look like cut up-hurry and post some pics. please. :D

Well wholy cow you guys!! Thank you so much!!

The juniper berries are from sfherb.com...but I wouldn't suggest doing them again. They fall off. I put some in the loaf too and when I cut them, they broke apart. I'll have to see if they're a scratchy soap.

The botanicals will fall off and you'd better have a strainer in your tub just so you don't clog it. I think its more of a novelty & gets people to enjoy the look of the soap too versus just the use of soap (if that makes any sense)

I do let people know this ahead, that when they're ready to use them, simply brush off some of the goodies on top if it bothers them. Most don't care. They're great guest soaps, stocking stuffers. Almost a novelty, but useful

Jokerjen...how are you!? I'll get your molds out one of these day.:P