My new website!

mattwats

I LOVE it!!! You did a fantastic job! Very professional, and I think everyone will agree: I love the butterflies! :) I'm not even a big butterfly fan but they're fantastic. Now, do you know the women pictured? I don't know many beautiful people that I'd want on my website, so I'm thinking about hiring some :) Let us all know when you get all of your products up! I'd love to see the finished product- great job once again!

Thanks for all the feedback. :o

7Angela7: Thats my current project, making it more dial-up frendly... I'm temped to offer a dialup and highspeed startup page, but that might be too complicated. Not sure what I'm gonna do yet.

Grumpy Girl: FireFox recently released a new version that can support flash and javascript. But I am going to add catches into the site anyway to display non-flash and non-javascript sets for browsers that don't support it, as I don't expect people to upgrade just to visit my site. I completely forgot that not all users use IE (not that IE is really that great, but it's what I use) and it would look/act differently on different browsers.

Spellkast: Unfortunately I don't know the lady who's picture is on the header. I wish I did so I could use her in all my product photos...

Thanks,

Matthew

Grumpy Girl: FireFox recently released a new version that can support flash and javascript. But I am going to add catches into the site anyway to display non-flash and non-javascript sets for browsers that don't support it, as I don't expect people to upgrade just to visit my site. I completely forgot that not all users use IE (not that IE is really that great, but it's what I use) and it would look/act differently on different browsers.

I use the newest version, and I have flash and java support on other sites, but it doesn't pick up yours for some reason. Weird, might just be me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattwats

I use the newest version, and I have flash and java support on other sites, but it doesn't pick up yours for some reason. Weird, might just be me.

Thanks for the info... I'll have to look into that since it should work. I doubt it's you I probobly have an error in the checks :sad2:

Matthew

I think if you call the flash through a flash detect script that would improve the dialup and firefox hangups. just right the script and put it in a small swf file and tell the script if the file cant load to load images with rollovers for the menu. Then if the browser supports flash they get it if not they get a background image with rollover buttons for the menu. You could also tell it to check the connection speed and show the images for dialup. I know some people dont like to wait for things to load. If you need help with the script contact me and I can point you in the right direction. I think you should also make the main body table for the oxscommerce table smaller to keep it away from the edge and use a graphic for the table headers in your menu boxes that looks like your main menu I mean rounded. That would look really great if you did that. I like the overall look and it definatly works but I think sites that use shopping carts are so much better when they dont look like they use shopping carts, I probably said that wrong.

• 2 weeks later...