Why is this happening in my jars?

I'm still doing tests on my soy jars and i always get something that looks like this after a few hours:

soy.jpg

what am i doing wrong? it's happened on my 2 oz mini jar and it happened on this larger 7 oz jar. i am using a soy blend from genwax. i heated my jars before pouring. i poured at 130 degrees as directed.

i know that the wax condenses as it cools but how can i avoid this? am i pouring too high in the jar? (it's a square shaped jar. maybe that has to do with it...i'm not sure)

any tips?

thanks guys for the advice. i will just need to do a repour. thats what i did on this one and it worked out better.

jennifer,

i curled the wick by wrapping it around a wooden sckewer that rested on top of the jar to hold the wick in the center while the wax cooled :)

• 11 months later...

I use C-3 and I have tried just about everything (except the heat gun) and I still have large craters/holes. I have poked holes, done the re-pour thing, reduced the pour temperature......and everytime, I have a pretty creamy top but with craters/holes. I've even used the blow dryer on low and that helps but it's not the same. Is there anyway to pour and not have to go through all of this? Help!!!!!

I use C-3 and I have tried just about everything (except the heat gun) and I still have large craters/holes. I have poked holes, done the re-pour thing, reduced the pour temperature......and everytime, I have a pretty creamy top but with craters/holes. I've even used the blow dryer on low and that helps but it's not the same. Is there anyway to pour and not have to go through all of this? Help!!!!!

I use C-3 as well. You need to pour very hot with this wax. I heat to 175, stir in color and Fo and pour right away. Temp is probably around 165 and the lowest. Otherwise I get cracks on top.

Go to walmart and get a heat gun....the blow dryer blows a lot of air, whereas the heat gun sends out a lot of heat.....no comparison how the heat gun works....I once used the hair dryer and believe me, you'll wonder how you survived without the heat gun once you have it!