Making of these sink fresheners

luinousglow

I have seen so many people utilizing these sink fresheners and they seem to be a great idea and sell fairly well. The problem is I have no idea how to make them>?? Are they similar to crystal potpourri? Please let me know or direct me to somewhere I can find the directions to make these??

Thanks,

Luminous Glow Candles

Thanks so much, didn't think to check prior posts. Duhhhh:o Now, all I have to do is find the bags to put them in. I think they are an extremely neat idea and something a lot of people would use. If anyone knows where the bags are, please let me know!

Thanks,

Luminous Glow Candles

• 3 months later...

ok, I tried this yesterday. I used a lemon scent. I don't really get it. People really buy this stuff? I filled my sink half way with hot water, put in some of the mixture, it bubbled for about 3 or 4 seconds I guess and the scent doesn't last all that long.

Does this sound right or am I doing something wrong?

If i follow the recipe it makes approx. 24 oz right, if my math is correct?

Dumb Question what is WSP?

I have made these and they are great! They sell quick and are very easy to make. I just use the cheap cello bags for mine. I have found that some scents last longer and smell better than others. I heard that when I made the first batch - I think I made pumpkin pie - no one really smelled it - then I changed it and everyone loves them now! Try a different scent chrisasst! I did the same thing -

Dumb Question what is WSP?

I have made these and they are great! They sell quick and are very easy to make. I just use the cheap cello bags for mine. I have found that some scents last longer and smell better than others. I heard that when I made the first batch - I think I made pumpkin pie - no one really smelled it - then I changed it and everyone loves them now! Try a different scent chrisasst! I did the same thing -

Wholesale supplies plus :)

http://www.wholesalesuppliesplus.com/

Hope that helps,

Jessica

I had to try making some after reading about them. I used apple pie and it was ok. I think the lemon/citrus scents would be better. But used what I had. It did scent the house and the sink looked pretty clean afterwards. I just bought a small amount of citric acid at a co-op store. After adding the FO and drying, the mixture was sort of hard in areas like maybe I needed to roll it with a rolling pin? Or was this just me? And, my other question...do you color it with food coloring or just leave it white? Thanks. Beth

thank you. My only concern with this is how to make sure it stays close during a shipment.

You can get little sheer "seal is broken" stickers that could be used one on each side to keep it closed. Would work like tape but have the professional look. Love the tub!

The sink fresheners I have made haven't gotten rock hard to need a rolling pin. The overall purpose from what I understand and express in my instruction sheet that the intent is not for fragrances a room. The idea of the freshener is to do just that "freshen" your sink. The baking soda and citric clean your drain pipes. It works well in the disposal as well. I've used Hot Baked apple pie, verbena lemongrass and cinnamon for the kitchen and for the bathroom Hollenburst and clean cotten. I introduced them at a fall festival at the beginning of the month and although had alot of interested people in them, only sold 1 sample pack (:o Will try again at the next festival. There are quite a few comments on this subject over at BCN.

I was making these too per the instructions and laying them out on waxed paper to dry.....the got ROCK HARD...so bad that my son had to beat the mixture with a hammer.

Put it off for a bit, and then one day while reading on bath bombs, someone made a comment about citric acid and humidity not being friends....then it hit me....I live in Georgia where humidity is a permanent resident. The citric acid in this recipe was reacting to the humidity.

So, I tried a different approach....I put the mixture in a bowl, covered it with saran wrap....and tah dah....no more rock hard! (that's a plus with this stuff anyway :laugh2: )

It still does take more than a few hours to dry...more like two days, but it's working for me.

Hope this has helped some of you who have that issue.

I did the same thing - I didnt use wax paper - I mixed in a bowl and left it in that - then I put it into cello bags. One thing.. some of the scents make the mix turn brown/tan - not sure why. It still works cause I tried it - but it has a tan color to it. I think it was only the pumpkin pie scent.. not sure on that either. I sold a bunch of them at a show today - and they didnt mind it was tan/brown.

Humidity is definately a factor except I noticed that on certain days my mix never got as hard as I would've liked, but packaged a bit moist anyway and seems to still be okay. Any vanilla based fragrance oil will turn things a brownish color. I have on my instruction label that the mixture may discolor due to the fragrance oil but it's use will not be affected.