Grounded for the next week - Warning as well

Hey guys

Know I haven't been around much this last week, and I won't be around much in the week coming, I've been grounded :cry2:

Went to the emergency room yesterday morning for severe back pain and come to find out, I have a slight kidney infection, I've pulled a major muscle in my back, I've aggravated a couple of discs in my spine and I have early stages of pneumonia, left lung. The pulled muscle and aggravated discs are a result of the coughing I've been doing.

I can't go up and down stairs for the next couple of days, so no candlemaking for me, doc's orders since it'll only aggravate the pneumonia plus my discs.

Wanted to let everyone know that this pneumonia came up incredibly fast on me, so this IS also a warning. Since we all mess with FO's, it could exaserbate the problem. I felt amazingly run down two weeks ago, developed a chest cold the beginning of last week and by the time I went to the emergency room for the back pain, I was already developing pneumonia. The killer is; for the last two weeks, I haven't poured that much, I think my eggnog is still in my Presto waiting to top off some votives I was making for some sample bags. Can't be for certain, I haven't been downstairs since I got home from the hospital.

Be careful guys. If you are way more run down than normal, get to the doc so you can nip it in the butt before it gets bad. That's the only warning you're going to get before all hell breaks loose. I was so run down during that week that I would have to take power naps at work when things were slow and I've NEVER slept at work. Since we're all coming up on our busiest season, it's going to be important for all of us to stay as healthy as we can. Doc at the ER put me on a very aggressive antibiotic therapy regimen, plus pain killers and reduced my normal activities down to sitting up for a while, then rest as often as I can. All of that alone, just pushed my sample sales back two weeks.

Considering a lot of us just don't have the time physically to do this, it'll kill our candlemaking time drastically. I put out an all call stating that I'm not filling orders until after Thanksgiving just to make sure my strength is back 100% before I start selling. I'm going to miss the first half of the Christmas rush.

Will talk to you all soon, love and miss you guys already :cry2:

CK

Yep know exactly how your feeling! Was in the hospital last month for the same stuff! lol I hurt so bad all over from all the coughing! It felt like I had been beat! Take your breathing treatments (I assume they gave you some!) Take it easy! It has been a month for me and I still had a real hard time breathing!

REST!!!

REST!!!

REST!!!

Get better soon!!!

Ashleigh

Oh no,,Im sorry to hear all this and hope you get better soon!!!!:awww: I have been feeling a wee bit run down also and I have been pouring like a mad woman,, and have also had to take naps during the day (whichI never do)but today I am going in to see the Doctor,,at first I wasnt going to until I read your post,,so I called and I see him @ 3pm.

Thank you for posting this,,I thinks it is time for the resperator I have heard Faery Dust talk about,,,Please Get better soon and you are in my prayers!!!!:D

Yeah, whatever is going around is kicking butt and NOT taking names, my younger sister just got over her worse bout of bronchitis in years and it hit her the exact same way as my pneumonia, felt way run down, cold and oops!

I'm feeling a lot better today than I have in a week, though I'm sore now and still weak, but I'm stronger. I have my voice back, something I lost only 24 hours into the cold, I don't sound like a frog in a blender (though one of my ops managers thinks it's sexy, so I called him all weekend and gave him some hell :D ). The time off my feet has definitely helped, but now I'm getting restless. Cabin fever has set in :embarasse . I went to Wal-Mart yesterday, just to get out of the house for a bit and get some fresh air, oh my god it was gorgeous. Definitely did me some good, but I think I overdid it this morning. Went downstairs to get at least a few votives and mini-tarts, figured I could sit on the couch, wrap and label them while watching a movie and I'm feeling a little wore down now. Votives and tarts still remain unlabeled and unwrapped *sighs*.

Will be going back to work tomorrow, under strict orders to not overdo it, stay warm and just be lazy. Funny thing is, that came from my boss. Will be taking a pillow to prop myself in my chair, throw the shoes off, get comfy and give everybody no peace.