another cleaning question

I used the method of putting the jars on a cookie sheet on paper towels, wiping them down, etc, and it worked beautifully. But... now my oven reeks of fragrance. How can I get rid of that smell? If hubby comes home wanting to bake something and the food tastes like fragrance, I may be in trouble LOL.

Also, what method do y'all use to clean your utensils? Thermometers and wooden spoons and such? Do you do the same thing in the oven?

Thanks so much for any help!! :grin2:

I've found the scent in the oven goes away fairly soon. Just leave it on warm for awhile with the door open a bit. As far as the other cleanup I only use my candle stuff for candles (thermometers,spoons,measuring cups,stirrers, etc.) and I just wipe them down with a paper towel. HTH

I don't use my oven at all...I use my trusty heat gun for cleaning everything. With the jars, I scoop out the remaining wax with a spoon, heat the inside of the jar, drain out wax, wipe with paper towels and then wash them with soapy water. With my molds, I just heat them with my heat gun and wipe them out with paper towels. Works great and I don't waste all of that electricity heating up my oven. I'm very frugal with the electricity because we tend to have high electric bills.

For my soap I use a microwave I got from a friend (used one) for that.I didn't want food tasting like soap. I never use my oven for any candlemaking.I keep all things covered with paper towels and also use paper towels to wipe clean when making candles but when not in use for awhile I bring things upstairs and use soap and water to clean really good.

LynnS

I don't use my oven at all...I use my trusty heat gun for cleaning everything. With the jars, I scoop out the remaining wax with a spoon, heat the inside of the jar, drain out wax, wipe with paper towels and then wash them with soapy water. With my molds, I just heat them with my heat gun and wipe them out with paper towels. Works great and I don't waste all of that electricity heating up my oven. I'm very frugal with the electricity because we tend to have high electric bills.

That's how I do it. My oven is used for storage of baking pans. I rarely use the oven or stove. My stove is a good place to set the Prestos since there's a range hood above it to get rid of FO fumes.