Can't get Spruce Christmas Tree to throw in C-3

Fire and Ice

I'm heartbroken! Peaks Spruce Christmas won't throw for me in C-3 soy wax!:cry2: I make the candles with 1.5oz per pound and let them cure 7 days! Right now I've got 2 chunks on my tart melter as well as a candle going and I can't smell a thing from them! I'm devistated because I LOVE this scent and had huge hopes for it this Holiday season.:embarasse

I can get Home for the Holidays to throw great but SC was my Favorite of the two scents.

I'll have to order more Home for the Holidays ina week or two.

And I like to add that this is the very firstime I've had a scent from Peaks that won't throw in my soy wax!

This may sound crazy, but sometimes too much of a good thing can be... well, too much! It's only happened to me a couple times where I've had a scent "bind up" for lack of a better term & not throw, when I've used 1.5oz pp... when I backed off to about 1.2 - 1.3 (sometimes even 1oz pp!) it did the trick & I would get a great throw. Also, even though I haven't tried this one yet, but it could be a picky FO & like a different size or different type altogether.

And I don't use C3 but I do use soy.

HTH & keep us posted!

Oh no, that is a bummer. I just placed an order for the Spruce Christmas tree and instead of just ordering 1 oz. of it, I ordered 8 oz. I cannot get any of the Christmas trees to throw that I have tried in the Calsoy CB-3 either. I was hoping that the Spruce Christmas Tree would. I shall see. I ordered the 8 oz. because I need it soon. So, if it worked, I would not have to wait for more.

I feel your pain. Isn't a pain when something will not throw that you want and need!? My neighbor keeps asking me for a Christmas tree scent for her sister and I keep telling her that I am trying to find one that gives off a good scent throw.

I have read before what Guppygirl has mentioned -- about too much binding it up. I should try that (try less) more often when I can't get something to throw, but I get so tired of testing after awhile and tired of spending. I have read too that sometimes too much of a scent can lesson the quality of the scent -- does not make the best of it. Not sure how to word that.

Anyway, that is a bummer. Do you have another wax that you could use that scent in? If it does not throw in the CB-3, I will try it in the JS-123. Or, you could try what Guppygirl suggested - lower the amount. Good luck.

~Holly

I had trouble with that also throwing in both J223, 1945, OK 6228, . But I seem to have trouble with most of any of those type of scents. I have also noticed a that I can't get the throw I want with CC winter woodland whispers (I never get that name right) in 1945. I am not sure what to do, but I already played with the dosage and that didn't seem to help. Good luck :o

The throw has gotten a lot better now that I've burned through the second pour and am burning the body of the jar. Much better scent throw. And Spruce Christmas is not a knock you out strong scent to begin with. It's more sutle. True it takse longer to reach me but I've had too many customer say they didn't care for HFTH so I tried SC. I will debute it at the show next weeend and see.

My testers LOVE this scent because they have artificial Christmas trees but want the scent of a real tree. They didn't have a throw problem so it's probably just me and my finicky cat that have the problem.:P