Wicks, please help

How do you wick after you pour the wax? I use the EZ wick and I don't understand how you can wick after pouring the wax. If anyone can tell me how to do this step by step I appreciate it. Thanks :o
You mean the EZ Wick Setter? You use that to set the wick before you pour the wax. Get yourself some wick stick-ums from BCN, follow the instructions with the wick setter to stick the wick in the jar, secure it at the top with a wick holder bar, then pour the wax.

In this hobby it's good to make a habit of thinking ahead. ;)

I use florist glue in my glue pot and my wicks never move. It takes an act of god to get them out to clean them. I don't use the setter..I just eye ball it and use popsicle sticks with a hole drilled in them and a mini binder clip to hold it in place. Fast and cheap!!!

I am making containers. I use J223 and I can't get the sticky tabs to set becauses the jars are heated. The wicks slide around. It is driving me crazy.

My wicks are not straight because it slides around.

If you're trying to use the real stick-ums and they're sliding around, maybe your jars are overheated. Granted there are more secure options for adhering wicks, but the stick-ums do work. The jars don't need to be burning hot, just warm/hot enough that you can pour the wax on the cooler side and not have it set up against the glass immediately.

I use the wick stick ums, but I wick the container before I heat it up. So far, fingers crossed, I don't have any movement of the wick. There was one brand of wick stick ums I purchased that absolutely wouldn't stick and when I pulled them straight to clip a clothespin on them they'd pull out of the wax. Wixnwax.com has good wick stick ums and so does Bitter Creek North.

DanaE

I know this thread started a day or two ago, but wanted to throw out another thought. We purchased some cheap jelly jars once and the same wick stickums we had always used without any problem were pulling out when we tried to straighten the wick. It seems that there was some sort of a film on the jars that wouldn't let the stickums adhere like they should. We ended up having to run them all through the dishwasher. No problems after that.

Don G.